Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Scared about future, after third abscess!

10-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #1
Trinadi77

Scared about future, after third abscess!

Hi, I've had two surgeries on a peri anal abscess about four years ago. And now have had to have another surgery, this time a seton was placed. I was tested for crohns and it was negative. I'm just finding it tough and feeling really depressed over this, i find myself crying all the time. How do people stay sane?
10-26-2014, 05:41 PM   #2
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi and welcome.

Abscesses are terrible things to deal with. Sending you my support.

Visit Crohn's and Colitis Canada:
http://www.crohnsandcolitis.ca/site/...tis_Canada.htm

Living in Ontario with no drug benefits?

Trillium Drug Program:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/publi..._trillium.aspx

Dave
10-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #3
Jay Woodman

My Support Groups:
Hi, I've had two surgeries on a peri anal abscess about four years ago. And now have had to have another surgery, this time a seton was placed. I was tested for crohns and it was negative. I'm just finding it tough and feeling really depressed over this, i find myself crying all the time. How do people stay sane?
What testing have you completed for Crohns? Perianal Crohns can be the initial manifestation with perianal abscesses without concurrent colonic inflammation. I've had two colonoscopys which were negative based on tissue biopsies but my diagnosis from my GI is Crohns...
Grape Seed Extract
Vitamin C
Vitamin D - 5000 IU Daily
Omega 3 - 2 teaspoons NutraSea daily
Methotrexate
Remicade (+Hydrocortisone)
10-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #4
valefan

My Support Groups:
What testing have you completed for Crohns? Perianal Crohns can be the initial manifestation with perianal abscesses without concurrent colonic inflammation. I've had two colonoscopys which were negative based on tissue biopsies but my diagnosis from my GI is Crohns...
this will be mi fourth op this year 16 in all over thirty years ,,,,,,
10-28-2014, 09:45 AM   #5
sherin83

Hi there I'm a 30yr old female with Crohn's disease, however in 2003 I had my first perianal abscess I went on to have 7more and 15 operations setons in an out for 7yrs they did colonoscopy an kept telling me I didn't have crohns I decided to get another opinion he did a colonoscopy an found I had severe crohns in my small an large bowel. Point is I went undiagnosed for 7yrs. I'd get a second opinion. Good luck with everything I know exactly how u must be feeling xox

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Scared about future, after third abscess!