• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Why do my feaces smell so bad

For the last week everytime I got to the bathroom To open my bowels it smells so bad I feel so sick from it. I am really dreading going to the bathroom just now and my stomach is playing up so it doesnt help.

This has happened a few times but the doctors didn't know. The only time I have been physically sick ny the smell is when I had cdiff 3 years ago.

nogutsnoglory

It could be from inflammation inside but your best bet is to get a stool test to rule out c-diff or parasites of some sort. If you didn't eat anything differently and things suddenly changed its best to get it checked.

I haven't changed anything in my diet it's so foul I just want to throw up. I am seeing my gastro nurse on Thursday so I will speak to her then I am at the nurse on Monday so I will get a sample kit.

It could be from inflammation inside but your best bet is to get a stool test to rule out c-diff or parasites of some sort. If you didn't eat anything differently and things suddenly changed its best to get it checked.

Definitely get checked for C-Diff again. Even if the stools "look" different from the first time you got C-Diff, it doesn't mean it isn't. This is my second time in a month, just released from the hospital yesterday. Good luck!

I'm sorry to hear that it's awful I hope your feeling better from it soon

Definitely get checked for C-Diff again. Even if the stools "look" different from the first time you got C-Diff, it doesn't mean it isn't. This is my second time in a month, just released from the hospital yesterday. Good luck!

The output from a fistula or abscess can smell pretty bad. I've had fistulas that exited in the rectum, so they're not visible to the outside. Get better soon.

I haven't changed anything in my diet it's so foul I just want to throw up. I am seeing my gastro nurse on Thursday so I will speak to her then I am at the nurse on Monday so I will get a sample kit.
Are you eating cheese and/or drinking lots of milk?

Personally, I would examine these foods.