• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ulcerative Proctitis Support Group

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
This group is for those who have been diagnosed with Ulcerative Proctitis. It's not only to give support, but to share information from past experiences.

Last edited:
Ulcerative proctitis is the same thing as ulcerative colitis or Crohn's colitis, it just denotes the location.

scottsma

I was diagnosed in 2006 but after a colonoscopy recently,it seems I now have inflammation in my splenic flexure.I have an appt.later this month at the G,I, clinic.

my little penguin

Staff member
DS has/had proctitis as part of his Crohn's since the rectum had inflammation as well as other areas up the Gi tract . He also has/had rectal prolapse from so much inflammation

my little penguin

Staff member
He rectum is fine for the most part .
Once he got on remicAde .
Got worse later on Humira then added lots of suppositoires creams plus vsl#3 DS.
And increased humira to 40 mg and the inflammation went down.
He stays on daily miralax to keep things always soft to not irritate the prolapse .
We found though trial an error if he goes more than two days without a BM or has very formed stool his prolapse gets worse then the Crohn's acts up which makes the Crohn's worse and then we are in a vicious cycle .

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Glad that his rectum is fine for the most part. Sounds pretty nasty having to take miralax that often though. I don't do well having to take it for my colonoscopies as it is. Glad that you've found something that works though.

I have Mild Proctitis so slightly different I guess. Had follow up with GI and been put onto something called Asacol, I think?

Interestingly he told me as mine is mild, I may find I rarely get any symptoms at all, just occasionally, if that

I have Mild Proctitis so slightly different I guess. Had follow up with GI and been put onto something called Asacol, I think?

Interestingly he told me as mine is mild, I may find I rarely get any symptoms at all, just occasionally, if that
Nope, not different. You are suffering and it sucks. :hug: I hope you will find relief with the Asacol. Many people here have done well with it for their proctitis.

Nope, not different. You are suffering and it sucks. :hug: I hope you will find relief with the Asacol. Many people here have done well with it for their proctitis.
Thank you. I was surprised to hear simply Proctitis (aswell as UP) are a type of IBD. I have always thought UC and crohns were the only 2.

I am grateful it is mild, and my symptoms are nowhere near severe as some I have read. Food doesn't seem to affect me, If i remember correctly my GI said the main thing is avoid constipation...interesting

EDIT: Am annoyed however that my biopsy results could take 2months

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I was on Asacol for a few years until I was told that it wasn't working for me anymore. I believe that UP is classed with UC. I hadn't heard of it either till last year 2013 when my GI diagnosed me with it. However, I thought it was interesting that last week when I had my colonoscopy my doctor made no mention of my having UP.

Glad to hear that yours is mild. Hopefully you'll be able to stay that way for awhile!

I was on Asacol for a few years until I was told that it wasn't working for me anymore. I believe that UP is classed with UC. I hadn't heard of it either till last year 2013 when my GI diagnosed me with it. However, I thought it was interesting that last week when I had my colonoscopy my doctor made no mention of my having UP.

Glad to hear that yours is mild. Hopefully you'll be able to stay that way for awhile!
Fingers crossed. I don't know if mine is ulcerative Proctitis yet as no biopsy results are back. Doubtful with it being so mild and none of the severe symptoms I have seen some have. (apart from mucus). But that is interesting they didnt pick it up last week

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Got to go back Thursday to pick them up, but I am pretty certain the gastroenterologist said they're tablets

Depending on how your UP is, you may eventually need both tablets and suppositories. I use both. But, since last week I've just been using the pentasa and not the canasa.

scottsma

Hiya,thanks for asking.Not much happening for me,compared with some.I had an apt for this coming Friday at the G.I.clinic and guess what,it's been postponed until 18th Dec.
I was writing a list of new symptoms which have appeared since my last visit.Hope I don't have to add to it by then.I feel I have a touch of cystitis coming on.I'll give it a day or two then I might need anti-biotics.I had my flu and pneumonia jabs last month too.I hope you're keeping warm and well.

TMI post ahead...just a warning...haha!

Hi! I was diagnosed with ulcerative proctitis in 2012 and have some pretty annoying symptoms. I sometimes wonder if it's progressed into full blown colitis. I see my doctor regularly but honestly, as honest as I am in telling her how crap I feel, she seems to just write it all down and send me for blood tests (and nothing comes from them by the way) and really doesn't seem too surprised! It's a little frustrating to say the least! Anyone else have some pretty nasty symptoms? I'll give you my top ones:

1. GAS!! Sometimes so much so my stomach hurts so bad I can hardly stand up straight. I have variations of gas every day, most days my colon makes horrible noises and I always have some sorta discomfort in that area. (Belly, and colon-ish area lol)

2. Frequent bowl movements (I can deal with that one)

3. Fatigue. Big time! I'm always mentioning this because I'm tired all the time. She's sent me for blood tests and everything always comes back fine.

Most recent troubling symptom? After going for a bowel movement one day, I looked in the toilet, and to my surprise there was this huge glob of mucous. Looked like an alien baby. I almost died. I took pictures and showed anyone that would look at it...lol! My mom thinks I should go back to the doctor but I already see her every 6 months and I was there not that long ago.

Gah! This disease is a pain in the ass. :p

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Yeah, gas is one thing I could live without. However as bad as it sounds, sometimes at the right time and right place it could be appreciated!

I too get a bit of mucus, however I'd rather deal with the mucus than the blood. I've asked my GI about it and he hasn't been too worried. As long as there's no blood mixed in, it seems like you're alright. One thing I've been told before is that mucus could be a sign that your body is trying to heal itself.

Josh [ almost 14 ] has had crohns since 2009, he has it in his large and small bowel. In September he was diagnosed with proctitis as well when his symptoms flared up badly. He was in hospital for 7 days prior to this.
He was prescribed Salofalk [Mesalazine] 2g per day, which initially worked really well and his symptoms decreased. After 6 weeks we were told to go to 1g per day. Since then all the symptoms have returned. He has urgent need to open his bowels endlessly and getting severe stomach pain and increasing tiredness.

We increased the Salofalk back to 2 g, but it seems to be no longer working as the symptoms are getting worse. I have tried endlessly to contact the hospital to get him seen or at least to have a chat to find out the next step, but no one will get back to me. We had the same problem in September, which is why he ended up being admitted, and I really don't want that to happen now this close to Christmas.

I don't really know what they answers can be, but does anyone know what the next step is after Salofalk? What can we do to help ease these symptoms? It is so hard on Josh, he is missing so much school and having any sort of social life. This is just restricting anything that he wants to do.

scottsma

This is just a suggestion as I might not be giving you the right advice. If you cannot get any satisfaction from the hospital go to your GP and ask if your son can have a prescription for Loperamide,This is very useful for slowing the digestion and therefore alleviating the urgency.I have had repeat scripts for over 8 yrs and it works for me.But as your son is young it may be prescribed only as a temporary solution until you get a hospital appt.Christmas is not a good time to be poorly when you're young.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Welcome CDJ! I'm afraid that I have no advice. But, can say that I hope that your son will get the treatment he needs. We're here if you need to talk.

There are other meds to try, such as Humira and Remicade. A short course of prednisone might help in the meantime. I would at least ask for some prednisone from your GP while you are waiting to be seen at the hospital. Like scottsma said, loperamide could help slow things down. Potatoes (mashed, baked, crisps) help thicken things up as well, though that won't help the pain.

Welcome to the forum. I hope he will find some relief quickly.

Thank you for all the responses. We have seen the GP this morning and though she is very understanding she won't prescribe anything for Josh until she hears from the consultant.
Like me, she can't understand why they won't reply to concerns. She will be contacting the consultant direct to ask that they see Josh to try to get this sorted. I am hoping that this will speed things up!
We are getting beyond desperate for help at the moment.

Finally got a call from the hospital and they are going to put Josh on steroids to try to get this under control. Not ideal as I was hoping to avoid the steroids again, but as this is his second flare in 3 months we really need to get this sorted as he is just getting worse at the moment.
They are going to look at putting him on different medication too, though not sure what at the moment.

scottsma

Hi all and Happy New Year.....Just a real quick update.
Had apt with GI on 18th Dec.He said my large bowel was pretty clear.I gave him a list of my symptoms starting with worst/regular,down to occasional. Although my colonoscopy in September indicated inflammation around my splenic flexure,the GI said he thought I had IBS,but wanted a calpro test.His secretary rang yesterday to tell me my result levels are 300.He wants me on the dreaded steroids (not happy)and an MRI scan.I'm going to collect my script tomorrow......Any thoughts ?

Have you tried a rectal mesalamine enema? Some folks just can't get results from oral mesalamine and get quick results putting the mesalamine were the problem is. I'd do that before steroids...much lower chances of side-effects.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
7vNH, sometimes we do try different things and they don't work. Steriods aren't one that any of us like to mess with. But, sometimes they are neccessary. However, sadly there are doctors who will give them out like candy each time we flare. I just hope no matter what that each one of us who does end up in a flare can get treatment in order to feel back to themselves.

scottsma

Started today,decreasing for 4wks ,then probably MRI scan to see if it's done the trick.

Fingers x'd I'll have few or no side effects.

scottsma

Have you tried a rectal mesalamine enema? Some folks just can't get results from oral mesalamine and get quick results putting the mesalamine were the problem is. I'd do that before steroids...much lower chances of side-effects.
I've used Asacol supps since dx'd, with Proctitis 8yrs ago.Crohns has travelled higher up the large bowel and supps. and foam don't reach that far.My lower bowel is all clear for now. Small mercies :dusty:

scottsma

Good luck!!! Hope everything goes well for you!
Day three......Taking pred at 6am as advised so that it doesn't interfere too much with sleep.Waking at 4am last two mornings and very tired by lunch time.Head feels thick and slightly achey.Not taking my usual Co-codamol as not sure if I should ???

BUT....an annoying little spot under my eye,that's at least a year old,has almost disappeared. Coincidence or what.? Who cares.:thumleft:

May have already asked this but apologies if so...

Have a health questionnaire to fill in for work, and it asks me if I have any bowel disorders like IBD.

Well at the moment I have only been told I have mild proctitis. Not ulcerative proctitis. (awaiting biopsy results, so until then i have been told that it is simply mild proctitis) Am i right in thinking proctitis in any form is still an IBD?

scottsma

I'm almost sure that Proctitis is under the same umbrella as any other IBD diagnosis.If you type Proctitis into the search box,it'll explain.Would it make a difference to your job,one way or the other ?
I started with Proctitis 8yrs ago and managed quite well,but Crohns (mild,hopefully) has reared it's ugly head now.

There is acute proctitis and ulcerative proctitis. Acute proctitis is NOT IBD, but ulcerative proctitis *is* IBD. Acute proctitis can be caused by all sorts of things and generally is a one-off sort of condition, whereas ulcerative proctitis is generally a chronic disease and may require maintenance medication, which is why, I assume, it would be a question on a form for your job. Ulcerative proctitis also carries a higher risk of cancer over time than another male of your age who does not have it.

There is acute proctitis and ulcerative proctitis. Acute proctitis is NOT IBD, but ulcerative proctitis *is* IBD. Acute proctitis can be caused by all sorts of things and generally is a one-off sort of condition, whereas ulcerative proctitis is generally a chronic disease and may require maintenance medication, which is why, I assume, it would be a question on a form for your job. Ulcerative proctitis also carries a higher risk of cancer over time than another male of your age who does not have it.
Well i remember before having my colonoscopy and being told i had proctitis, about 2months before the scope I had a very high inflammation reading on my faecal calprotectin test of around 742. So when I had the scope and was told i had proctitis, the inflammation was still there but he said it was a mild form of it. My gastro consultant then explained to me that as the inflammation has stayed there for 2months (probably longer given my symtpoms) he did not think it was an acute case. Simply said as it is mild I may find my symptoms hit me very rarely compared to others and prescribed me mesalamine/asacol and told me to take them when i flare up, if i remember right

I'm almost sure that Proctitis is under the same umbrella as any other IBD diagnosis.If you type Proctitis into the search box,it'll explain.Would it make a difference to your job,one way or the other ?
I started with Proctitis 8yrs ago and managed quite well,but Crohns (mild,hopefully) has reared it's ugly head now.
No wont make a difference. I have already told them i have a condition and they just want me to let them know what it is. More than likely it is so they know if i am off with a flare up, they know why

Hi all and Happy New Year.....Just a real quick update.
Had apt with GI on 18th Dec.He said my large bowel was pretty clear.I gave him a list of my symptoms starting with worst/regular,down to occasional. Although my colonoscopy in September indicated inflammation around my splenic flexure,the GI said he thought I had IBS,but wanted a calpro test.His secretary rang yesterday to tell me my result levels are 300.He wants me on the dreaded steroids (not happy)and an MRI scan.I'm going to collect my script tomorrow......Any thoughts ?
My calpro was 742 when i had it done end of July beginning of August. Hence why i had the colonoscopy in October and found mild Proctitis.

Regarding IBS I hate that diagnosis as it doesnt really tell you much. Here's some info for you which you will laugh at, my brother in law suffers with bowel issues too, and he has mucus like myself and diarrhoea and cramps now and then, but has also had black stools recently (never had myself), and even had just blood pass through his bottom, also had instances where he has felt a wet feeling in his bottom, went to bathroom and just wiped the feeling away with tissue, and it was full of blood..... had a camera was told IBS. Yet about 4yrs ago when he first ever had a black stool they said it was a stomach ulcer. He even said to his consultant that he did research and black stool and blood are not IBS symptoms, but his consultant was adamant he has IBS as scope was clear

It sounds like most likely it's Ulcerative Proctitis Rick. But, I would make sure to check with your doctor to be sure.
Well awaiting biopsies. He said after exam that proctitis if acute, can be caused by bacteria, such as campylobacter, shigella, cryptosporidium etc but also said that when they tested my stool for calprotectin and infection, the infection test was negative for everything, but obviously still showed high inflammation.

The other causes were anal penetration through intercourse (never had!)
Cancer radiation of the area
or a form of IBD.

Just tired of waiting now..

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Know the frusteration of waiting. Hopefully that wait will go fast for you and that you'll be able to get some explanation soon. Sending lots of hugs and support you way.

scottsma

Just a quick update.......Been on Pred for two weeks,tapering.Apart from feeling generally run down,I've had bouts of being really unwell every five days or so.Pain,nausea,D,sweats,lots of mucus last week and lots of blood today.It only lasts for 2 or 3 hours in the early morning,then settles down to a sore stomach.This is not new for me,but happens every 2 or 3 months for no apparent reason.I have a Cat scan apt. on 5th Feb.I thought the Pred. would be clearing the inflammation by now ? Calp. elevation was only 300. Thanks in advance.I hope you are all well.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. :( Hopefully they can finally getting things under control for you.

Things are still pretty stressful where I am and am still having trouble getting enough hours for my medical insurance at work. However, thankfully I'll have enough this month. Going to a meeting this morning to see if I might be able to transfer to a different store in the area so I can make sure to get the hours I need without having to worry.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Nope. I left being told that I've got an assignment to get a calendar and calculate how many hours I've worked. Supposedly they calculate for 6 months now rather than by month now. No offers even to see if I can transfer anywhere. Left more frusterated than I was before and most of the time was with the HR trying to calm me down. Just makes things easier to say goodbye. Sad it's come to this after 14 years.

Cross-stitch gal:
Is there another legal person you can talk to before you are forced to quit. I am sure there are many IBDers put in that same position and it would be nice to know the legalities.

If you do have to leave, can you quickly get on another plan?

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I have another place who's expressed their desire for me to come work there. I'm just waiting till they're hiring again possibly in June. If I can't get insurance right away there, I can go onto my husband's insurance just till I can get situated on theirs.

I've been a bit bored for years anyway and have been wanting to try something different. However, I've never been able to get a transfer within the company I work for. So, this might be my only option. Even though I'm mad, it take a lot more for me to go for legal (expensive) advice.

Is Inflammatory Bowel Disease considered a disability in any way, no matter how minor a disability it may be?

I ask because as stated I had to inform my employer of any disabilities I have, and IBD/Bowel conditions were under the disability heading.

News to me...

Just a quick update.......Been on Pred for two weeks,tapering.Apart from feeling generally run down,I've had bouts of being really unwell every five days or so.Pain,nausea,D,sweats,lots of mucus last week and lots of blood today.It only lasts for 2 or 3 hours in the early morning,then settles down to a sore stomach.This is not new for me,but happens every 2 or 3 months for no apparent reason.I have a Cat scan apt. on 5th Feb.I thought the Pred. would be clearing the inflammation by now ? Calp. elevation was only 300. Thanks in advance.I hope you are all well.
I notice you have had inflammation still show up for a period of time, do you have any idea how long the inflammation has to be present for it to be considered chronic or acute?

Or anyone else know aswell

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
What kind of job are you applying for? I would not put IBD as a disability listing if it were me. I'm afraid I don't know about chronic or acute. I haven't heard either of these from my doctor.

Is Inflammatory Bowel Disease considered a disability in any way, no matter how minor a disability it may be?

I ask because as stated I had to inform my employer of any disabilities I have, and IBD/Bowel conditions were under the disability heading.

News to me...
No.

my little penguin

Staff member
Seems like proctitis/rectal prolapse is back....
Grrrrrrr
Anyone end up with abdominal spasms when their proctitis is acting up ?
Not too optimistic it will go away on its own

Josh gets stomach cramps quite badly when his proctitis is playing up. When he has used the foam it hasn't leaked for him throughout the day. He uses it at night and wears his pants to bed in case there is any leakage, but so far it hasn't been a problem.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I haven't had that problem with the suppositories. However, when I used the enemas I had a horrible time keeping them in me from the very start of squeezing it all in. I haven't used the foam though.

Yeah, when I was in a very bad flare I remember having abdominal spasms. But, as my flare got better the spasms eventually went away.

I am not sure. Josh's has only shown up when he has had colonoscopies. I think that blood work will only show inflammation and not where it actually is.

I doctor can see proctitis in the office via anoscopy which takes 1 minute or less and requires no prep or anesthesia.

my little penguin

Staff member
He was dx with crohn and inflammation in multiple spots including the rectum a few years ago.
Just trying to avoid a new scope to confirm the inflammation is back kwim

scottsma

I can't begin to understand how a child can cope with this nasty disease.And the worry to you must be enormous,knowing what you do.Please accept my best wishes to you both.

my little penguin

Staff member
Update
Since stoppibg the bentyl and the over a week since the mre/barium reaction his rectum seems better -no pain between BMs just pain during a BM /with prolapse . His BMs went from 2-3 ( 5 on bad days ) down to 1 formed BM on a capful of miralax .
He normal needs only 1/2-3/4 cap to have loose
BMs .
I assume that means things are getting better ???
He sees Gi in two weeks
His joints joined the party as well

my little penguin

Staff member
Gi scheduled flex sig without discussing it
Since he is little and needs put under anyways and has crohns in TI/caecum
Not a fan
Wil be talking to Gi

my little penguin

Staff member
DS was admitted this past weekend due to abdominal pain and given a rush scope Tuesday.
Original outpatient scope was schedule for March .

Everything looked visually good -always does
Just loss vascularity on one spot of the transverse colon
So we wait for biopsys now

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Sorry to hear about DS. Glad to hear nothing's wrong, but hope at the same time that they'll be able to find somethng that works in order to help. Lots of hugs.

my little penguin

Staff member
Biopsies clear except for gastritis
Gi agrees whatever it is -it's behaving like proctitis /sigmoiditis
So DS started flagyl today
To wipe out whatever is irritating his gut hopefully .

Last edited:
Hello, I have left-sided colitis that was treated with Asacol that helped alot, but the pain (and urgency) lower down did not go away so I was given Pentasa suppositories for 2 weeks. That helped and the pain has not returned for 1 month.

I saw the gastroenterologist and he doesnt want to continue with the suppositories. He suggested that we try budesonide instead (after a colonoscopy due soon).

Has anyone been treated with budesonide for sigmoid proctitis or proctitis? I am sceptical it reaches that far down the colon.
Or, is anyone on long-term treatment with 5-ASA suppositories and what is your opinion and experience?

Thanks for any comments!

Budesonide in what form? I used the enemas for a few months just before my colectomy and they helped slow down the bleeding.

I used 5-ASA suppositories every day for two years, sometimes twice a day. While they did not stop the flare, I was much worse off when I didn't use them. It helped reduce some of the pain I had and lessened the rectal spasms too.

scottsma

I have used Asacol supps.for 9yrs as maintenance.After a colonoscopy in Sept.showed my lower bowel was clear (although I had inflammation higher up in the splenic flexure)
I stopped using them.I was on a 4wk course of steroids last month prior to an MRI scan and have flared for 5wks.(blood,mucus) Have used the suppositories for the last 3wks, and it's all cleared up.So they work for me,but we're all different.My meds might be changed soon,as I have an ultrasound of the small bowel next month.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
5asa supps are part of my meds. Although, I haven't been using them lately since I've been doing so well. I used hydrocortisone enemas at one point. At one time they worked wonders for me along with my regular meds. But, since I had that bad flare a couple years ago the supps work better than the enemas.

Hello everyone

thank you for the replies.
The doctor talked about budesonide in oral form. I thought that was only for Crohns in the small intestine and first part of the large intestine.
It does not seem to make sense. If the 5-ASA suppositories were working for me I wonder why he does not want to give them to me.

Oh, my apologies! I used hydrocortisone enemas (Cortenema), not budesonide enema. I'm glad Cross-stitch gal said that...it sparked my memory.

I've used both hydrocortisone enemas and mesalamine enemas, for awhile using both every day. I tolerated the mesalamine enemas much better than the hydrocortisone, though the hydrocortisone had a more profound effect at minimizing my flare.

Hello everyone

thank you for the replies.
The doctor talked about budesonide in oral form. I thought that was only for Crohns in the small intestine and first part of the large intestine.
It does not seem to make sense. If the 5-ASA suppositories were working for me I wonder why he does not want to give them to me.
Suppositories only help the rectum. Is your active disease higher up? I am also surprised that your doctor would have you stop using them since they are helping you.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
How's everyone doing? It's been a bit quiet lately.

I'm off work on a vacation for a little over 2 weeks. Husband and I just celebrated our 15th anniversary. Still pretty stressful at work. But, even though I'm tired at least I haven't been noticeably in a flare. It seems like we've finally got the right amount of meds and supps per day now!

my little penguin

Staff member
Holding Humira here due to adenovirus
5 plus watery D a day /no appetite /fatigue/prolapse etc...
So no change or improvement
Gi placed him back on 80/20 formula since he hasn't been eating very much at all

Still insists its behaving like protalgia but no signs in the biopies

scottsma

Ultrasound for possible gallbladder polyps in two weeks.Feel sick if I over eat,so can just manage a few mouthfuls of food.I find little and often best.The nasty 5wk flare I had whilst on steroids is over.
We lost our old dog 6wks ago to Cushings disease and are considering another,but will wait awhile in case I need surgery.Life's not the same for us without a dog'
Congratulations on your anniversary Cs.Gal.We have a big one next year,but if I told you how long I'd give my age away,and a girl has to keep some things private.:ylol::lol2:

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Sorry you're still not doing well scottsma. :( Always seems like everything comes at once. Congrats on the big one next year! 50 years is a great accomplishment! Hehehe!!!! :rof:

Last edited:

scottsma

All ok this end,thanks for asking,and excuse the pun.Still waiting for results of ultrasound re: gallbladder.It's been over 3wks and I should have heard in two,but I'm assuming the Easter hols.are to blame.I've had some sharp cramping this morning,but a couple of tablets seem to be working.
I hope you and everyone else are keeping well.................One day at a time eh?

To be fair I have been pretty ok myself for a good few months now, Asacol (mesalazine) is working wonders. Apart from having a funny turn in work and my employer giving me the impression they didnt believe I had a form of UC, everything is good!

Hi guys
I had another colonoscopy and have mild inflammation from the anus to half way through the large intestine. The doctor told me and wrote it on a form for me to take home.
But the biopsy results came back normal, so now the same doctor says there is nothing wrong.
This is the third time this has happened - the time before I had ulcers and bleeding but still everything was "normal" and therefore the inflammation did not exist. Thankfully my family doctor agreed to put me on Asacol which really helped but has not completely got rid of the symptoms.

Just wondering if you have always had a positive diagnosis from the biopsies?

Thanks

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Glad to hear mostly good news here!!! scottsma, I sure can understand your anticipation of hearing those results! Hopefully you'll be able to hear something really soon.

Rick, that's great that things are working out for you!!! Hopefully all will continue going well!

Orange, I'm sorry to hear they still haven't figured you out and that you're still suffering. :( I really can't remember on a diagnosis from biopsies however, I've had a doctor before who said she said she saw evidence of inflammation without a biopsy. But, hopefully something can be done soon too for you no matter what.

I'm doing alright, although still under a lot of stress at work. I always seem to be in trouble with my manager whether it's my doing or not. No transfers or new positions have been working out for me yet. Wish I had better news from here...