Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Ulcerative Colitis Forum » Ulcerative Proctitis Support Group

06-14-2016, 04:54 AM   #151
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Hope all's going well for everybody here!!!

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
06-14-2016, 10:10 AM   #152
scottsma

My Support Groups:
All's well here thanks.Still have morning problems,but as long as I make sure appointments are in the P.M. I can cope.
At my annual check up at my GPs (primary care ?) I was more than happy to be told my B.P.was down to normal,my "borderline" diabetes was back to normal and I'd lost 7 kilos in weight.I haven't been dieting as such,as I'm not overweight,but I am short so every little bit shows.I've also started cycling,which I enjoy very much.Since we lost our little dog last year it's been difficult to fill the days sometimes.
I hope things are going ok for you.I do read your other posts.Have a good day.
07-10-2016, 01:43 PM   #153
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
I hope all's well with everyone!!! Everything's alright here, but it's been a bit stressful if you've seen my other two posts. If not, to sum it up I'm still having trouble transferring at work and I'm preparing for two memorials for two of my 3 remaining grandparents.

On a lighter note. My birthday is in less than 2 weeks. At work they always sign and give me a birthday card. I'm always doing something goofy at work and making people laugh!!! Well. I happened to find my birthday card yesterday, in which they usually hide from me until it's time. I was good yesterday (and didn't look at it, just put it back like I never saw it), but if I happen to find it today I'm tempted to sign my own birthday card to see if anyone notices!!! We'll see what happens...
07-11-2016, 05:00 AM   #154
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Yes,just do it......
All's ok here,well if I'm honest I'm not having the best morning. Tummy is threatening,but what,I don't know.hahaha.Arthritis playing up too.So having a lazy (ish) day.Life's never boring when you're a crohnie.
07-11-2016, 11:18 AM   #155
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Yes,just do it......
All's ok here,well if I'm honest I'm not having the best morning. Tummy is threatening,but what,I don't know.hahaha.Arthritis playing up too.So having a lazy (ish) day.Life's never boring when you're a crohnie.
Sorry you're not feeling good!!! That's for sure, life is never boring for us...

Yup, it was still where I could get at it last night! So, I signed it and we'll see if anyone pays attention. Here's what I put, if I remember right.

"Happy Birthday to me!!! I hope this coming year brings lots of laughter and not many tears!!!" And, then I put my initials. We'll see what happens.
07-11-2016, 12:17 PM   #156
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Hahaha,you could add "and from all my crohnie friends world wide".

Feeling Ok now (6-15pm) just very tired,and I've done nothing !!!
07-11-2016, 10:03 PM   #157
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Amen sister!!! I'm not sure if I dare add on. I'm working 9am-6pm for the next week and most likely would get caught.

I can echo you. I'm pretty exhausted myself. Worked until 11pm last night and then pulled a 10am-7pm today. Plus, I have that virus going around that's making it's way to my ears giving me earaches. Took some sudafed to see if that will help clear it...
07-12-2016, 03:45 AM   #158
scottsma

My Support Groups:
I think I've said this before but I'll say it again.....I have the utmost respect for you and everyone else who is managing to hold down a full time job.Also those ladies with little kids to look after.And men of course,in case there's a riot.
I didn't become a crohnie until later, and all that was behind me.So I can just sit here and pamper myself if I have an off day.It has stopped me from replacing our dog which died last year though.I don't feel I can now give a dog the life it needs as I have in the past.

Have a good day.
07-12-2016, 10:12 AM   #159
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Just remember, we love you too!!!

Unfortunately, some of us don't have much of a choice but to work either part time or full time. It gets very expensive at times being a Crohnie, and we all know it. Just gotta do the best we can with what we have...
07-12-2016, 10:54 PM   #160
PixieNB

My Support Groups:
Yeah, working with ibd sucks. Especially if you work somewhere that doesn't offer sick pay.... Got an observation: proctitis seems to give so much more trouble for people than UC elsewhere in the bowel - after 6 weeks of horrendous flare, my suppositories are finally starting to work and the proctitis is settling down. But I've still got some dark older blood appearing from inflammation higher up the bowel and this is not giving me anywhere near as many symptoms. I guess everyone's experience is different but that's how it seems to me.... Also, I've been approved to start humira now, just waiting for a nurse to come and supervise my first dose, show me how to inject myself, which sounds much more pleasant than sticking things up my bottom!! I'm really hoping for some long term remission.
07-13-2016, 02:37 AM   #161
scottsma

My Support Groups:
[QUOTE=PixieNB;941865]Yeah, working with ibd sucks. Especially if you work somewhere that doesn't offer sick pay.... Got an observation: proctitis seems to give so much more trouble for people than UC elsewhere in the bowel - after 6 weeks of horrendous flare, my suppositories are finally starting to work and the proctitis is settling down. But I've still got some dark older blood appearing from inflammation higher up the bowel and this is not giving me anywhere near as many symptoms. I guess everyone's experience is different but that's how it seems to me.... Also, I've been approved to start humira now, just waiting for a nurse to come and supervise my first dose, show me how to inject myself, which sounds much more pleasant than sticking things up my bottom!! I'm really hoping for some long term remission.[/QUOT

Welcome Pixie,good luck with your remission.I know what you mean about the supps.,I'm not using any meds.,at the minute,my choice,and I'm doing OK (ish)....But crohns is the gift that keeps on giving,so I'm always on the lookout for a "gift"..........
07-21-2016, 09:44 PM   #162
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
I've been doing alright here even with all the stress going on. It's been helping since my store director showed up. I haven't been getting any less than 30 hours at work lately and this last week I had a whole week with a different schedule that gave me a break from the nonsense of closing.

It's still a bit crazy around here. Husband lost his wallet and we had to replace his ID and pretty much everything in it. But, then today we found out that his wallet had been found and put in the lost and found at his work. So, we were able to retrieve it even though some of the items we had to destroy because they weren't any good anymore since they'd already been replaced.

Plus, if you've been keeping up with my postings in the other thread/threads my grandpa fell and is still in the hospital. But, is slowly getting better. So, it's been quite a week for me. Go figure, it's my birthday tomorrow as well. Happy birthday to me!!!

I hope things have been a bit quieter for you guys.
07-22-2016, 08:50 AM   #163
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Glad your Grandpa is getting better.It's a horrible feeling when you lose,or even think you have,lost important stuff like wallets and purses.Glad it was found though,it stops that creepy feeling of fear that someone has your private stuff.

Can I be first to wish you a Happy Birthday for tomorrow.I hope you've got a day off work.
08-21-2016, 12:10 PM   #164
Grant

My Support Groups:
Hello everyone. I've finally been diagnosed with Proctitis after an MRI. I've been terribly sore for ages down below. I've been using Pentasa Suppositories with limited success & also Anusol Suppositories which do give relief but not for long. Sitz bathing also gives instant relief. I've been using Magnesium Hydroxide to soften things up as well. One more thing to say is on using suppositories I can actually feel how inflamed things get & when things get very swollen it makes it doubly hard to have BM's.
I'd be grateful for any hints n tips.
Best Wishes
Grant
2002 Laperotomy & Resection
2010 Laproscopic Ileocolic Resection
2012 Laproscopic Laperotomy & Resection
2013 diagnosed with a Fistula
Been on Azathioprine Pred & Methotrexate
Currently on:
Inflectra
Questran
Loperamide
Calcichew
Pentasa 4gm daily
Daily Multi Vitamins
3mthly B12 Jabs
08-21-2016, 01:51 PM   #165
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
I use a combo of flushable wipes and TP because just plain TP irritates and the wet most times soothes even just a little. But, not all these are completely flushable so I keep trash cans in my bathrooms with lids and a liner and take them out whenever it either starts getting smelly or full (or if I know company is coming and I sure don't want them to see it).
08-22-2016, 05:42 AM   #166
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Glad you've had your diagnosis Grant.I was dx'd with proctitis 10yrs ago and used Asacol supps.,which worked well for me.I agree with the moist wipes use and also maybe Vaseline afterwards.?
08-22-2016, 10:19 AM   #167
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Prior to being diagnosed with proctitis I'd used both Canasa Supps and enemas (not at the same time though). Problem with the enemas is they'd never stay in me long enough to do anything and the supps didn't seem to work either. However, at the time I was so sick that nothing did work for me and my doctor gave up on me.

So, I changed doctors (and insurance) and this one decided to keep me on the same medications and try the supps again. Took awhile to kick in. But, eventually with the right diagnosis, right amount of meds and the right doctor I got better.

I guess what I'm saying Grant, is things will get better. It may just take a bit to kick in like mine did. But, we're here to talk to along the way.
09-27-2016, 10:12 AM   #168
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
I hope this finds everyone doing well. It's been a bit stressful at work the last couple of weeks so my stomach has been letting me know about it. But, work is settling down somewhat now and I hope that means the blood, diarrhea and all will too. Got an appointment with the GI on Thursday. So, it ought to be a busy weekend for me...
09-27-2016, 01:03 PM   #169
scottsma

My Support Groups:
For the most part I am very well.BUT...I just wish I could have less sluggish bowels.
Every day is the same.I'm back and forwards to the bathroom from getting out of bed between 7-8am, until nearly lunch time.It interferes with my life a LOT.I'm a get up and go person,and I just wish I could go once a day and get it over with.My diet's healthy,I take fibre supplements and drink lots of water.and I get enough exercise.Of course,it could all change tomorrow,I might not go at all,which I hate,or I could have diarhea,which I also hate.I bet you're sorry you asked eh ?
11-29-2016, 01:49 AM   #170
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Stomach's been acting up lately. I'm afraid once we get started with all this holiday excitement my stomach goes crazy. Just a little too much stress for this girl to handle.
01-04-2017, 03:41 AM   #171
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Happy New Year!!! I hope this is finding everyone well.

All is as good as possible here. But, I've got a colonoscopy planned for the 19th of this month. With this also being my work anniversary and all the excitement of work, we're hoping and praying I won't be in a flare during this time. Oh the joys of medical tests!!!!
03-08-2017, 05:26 AM   #172
ned

My Support Groups:
Just been diagnosed with colitis and would like some info on diet and alcohol intake plus the role of exercise. All tips welcome
03-08-2017, 06:30 PM   #173
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Hi and welcome. I myself have not touched alcohol to date. But, here is some info for you.

https://www.ibdrelief.com/diet/role-...lcohol-and-ibd

Nutrition and excercise is good for everybody. But, is especially good for us if at all possible. Here is some info on that as well. I hope this helps.

https://www.crohnsandcolitis.com/liv...t-and-exercise
03-30-2017, 03:16 AM   #174
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
All's well for the most part around here even though things have been pretty stressful. Looking to go in for a colonoscopy soon once I can get an appointment. And am hoping things can be as in control as possible when that happens.

I hope all's going well for you guys...
03-30-2017, 08:49 AM   #175
scottsma

My Support Groups:
All's well here thanks.I don't usually have two days the same (in the bathroom) but I'm used to it and can cope.Nothing to worry about,and long may it last.Please keep us updated re: your colonoscopy.Good Luck.
04-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #176
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Yuck, I hope things start calming down for you.

I did call trying to get a new appointment for a colonoscopy without any luck. For some reason the office decided I had to wait to schedule until I had some sort of 15 minute talk on the phone to update on what medications I'm on and who knows what all. So, that's scheduled for the 20th at 2:15pm when this happens and supposedly then I'll be able to get my date then...
07-19-2017, 11:26 PM   #177
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
WOW. Can't believe it's been since april since anyone's said anything on here. Sure hope no news is good news...
07-20-2017, 03:22 AM   #178
scottsma

My Support Groups:
All's well here thanks.Mostly.Mornings will always be a problem I think but as long as I don't HAVE to go out,I can cope.I'm not on meds.except Loperamide when needed and Dulcolax,when needed.I try not to take any at all though to avoid complications.

I hope you are keeping as well as you can.
07-20-2017, 10:08 AM   #179
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Glad to hear for the most part! Sorry about the mornings though. I'm doing as well as I can too. Husband's made it through almost a week of his 4 week class for work. Quite the challenge with us being on different schedules for pretty much the first time since we've been married. And, we're both exhausted but are surviving...
07-20-2017, 10:11 AM   #180
scottsma

My Support Groups:
You have to make the most of your rest time and not try to do to much housework/gardening.Easier said than done,I know.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Ulcerative Colitis Forum » Ulcerative Proctitis Support Group