• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Shivering and cold while taking remicade

I've been on remicade for about a year, usually i'm given benedryl before my dose and sometimes i felt itchy all over. However during my last dose i felt extremely cold, more than i have ever been, and i was shaking uncontrollably and had the shivers. I was told that this was an allergic reaction and my remade dose was stopped by my GI. i was given another injection of benedryl and two other injections to stabilize me (hydrocortisone i think). A day later i had pain in the arm where i had the needle, and after an ultrasound, i was told i had a thrombosis from the injection. Just wondering if anyone experienced anything similar while on remicade.

Hm. I've never had a reaction that severe to it, but I just had my first infusion back on Remicade after several years on other meds, and I was pretty cold, my hand with the IV in it went numb after the first twenty minutes or so, plus I had really achy muscles for several days post-infusion. I didn't get itchy though, and I just put the cold down to the freezing temps that they seem to keep all hospitals at!