• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Prednisolone for 3 weeks with no Improvement

They're tapering me off it at the moment. It was only until I started infliximab. Which I started but reacted to it so I'm now waiting to begin humira....

Catherine

I would still cotact your gi, as may increase the pred dose or slow the taper to give more time for maintenance med to kick in.

I'm hoping to have an appointment tomorrow with IBD team so will mention it.
I know that it's not working anyway because in my most recent blood test my CRP levels had gone up again :(

I hope you get to see my message on time....
Pred dose is a huge factor ! The fact that 20-25mg had no effect does not imply that 40mg wouldn't.
I think this worth a talk with your GI. You could benefit both by feeling better and inducing remission, thus maximizing the maintanance drugs kick-start.

Hope you feel better soon.

I've been on prednisone for about 10 months, with a small 1 month break around June. So more like 9 months. Every time I dip into the 20's I start to flare again, Bad. The Doctor wans me to try a lactose free diet and keep tapering. I'm getting worse by the day as I'm at 20 mg starting tomorrow. My point to this all is My life spirals out of control if I go below 30 mg. then It always takes about 3 weeks on 40 mg to normalize myself again. The Doctor says I have to get off pred soon but nothing is working.

My other meds?
- humira
- 6mp
- Apriso
- DR. took me off Uceris because it didn't work
nothing seems to work and all 3 of my gi's seem to be dragging their feet.

I hear u on the GI feet dragging. I finally talked with mine a few min. Ago after trying for a week. Getting approval for the humira. Going to do tb test in the morning.

I read somewhere on one of these treads that there is a med that u can get to help with the prednisone taper. Sorry I dont know the name.