Share Facebook

11-14-2014, 03:16 PM   #1
mickn66

Humira and c-diff

Hi - I was just diagnosed with c-diff. I started humira 2 weeks ago (the starter kit), for Crohn's. I should be taking my next dose of humira tomorrow.

I asked my doctor if it was ok to take the humira now that i have c-diff, and he said it would not cause a problem and i should keep taking it (he also prescribed Flagyl for the c-diff). However, I have read a couple of times about people who think the humira actually caused their c-diff. So I'm a little worried.

If anybody has any information about humira and c-diff, I would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Mick
11-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #2
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi and welcome.

Sorry, I can't help you.

Visit Crohn's and Colitis Canada:
http://www.crohnsandcolitis.ca/site/...tis_Canada.htm

Living in Ontario with no drug benefits?

Trillium Drug Program:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/publi..._trillium.aspx

Dave
11-15-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
lisadc1

My Support Groups:
Hi, I recently was hospitalized 2x in one month with C-Diff and I have been on Humira since the end of June. I also had recently begun Imuran. The Humira did not cause/effect the C-Diff; the Imuran was the problem as well as multiple antibiotics within a few weeks. Since I was discharged this last time, I have continued the Humira.
11-20-2014, 11:55 PM   #4
Miss Underestimated

I would help if I had any info. I've been fortunate not to have C-diff, so I really don't have any experience to share. My best suggestion - if you are trusting this doctor with your care, do what he says unless it's really obvious he isn't listening or doesn't care - If you think that's the case, then change doctors.
*Jan 2012-present, Humira. No symptoms, but scopes indicated disease.
*6MP for all of 2013.
*2014 &2015 complete mucosal healing.

**Staying on Humira for maintenance**

The statistics I see so far for my situation seem pretty good. There ARE long term statistics for the Anti-TNF drug treatments now. I'm here to make them longER.