Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's and piercing

11-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
Allegra

My Support Groups:
Crohn's and piercing

Hey everyone! I'm just getting over a really bad flare and am starting to feel normal again, and I'd like to do something to mark my feeling okay again so at first I was thinking a tattoo but I think I might wait until I find something I really like for definite. I also really want my belly button pierced, do many people on here have theirs pierced and what does their doctors say or has it caused any trouble?
11-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #2
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
The only issue I can think of is needing to remove it for any tests or surgeries. Is there any metel in tattoo ink? I could see that being an issue in MRIs.

Visit Crohn's and Colitis Canada:
http://www.crohnsandcolitis.ca/site/...tis_Canada.htm

Living in Ontario with no drug benefits?

Trillium Drug Program:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/publi..._trillium.aspx

Dave
11-18-2014, 03:07 AM   #3
aideen33

My Support Groups:
Some inks do have small amounts. I found that out first hand when one or two of my tatts got quite warm during an MRI, not enough to cause any issues just enough to be mildly uncomfortable. I had my navel pierced years ago (way before diagnosis), but my body rejected it which does happen from time to time with surface piercings like the navel. The only concern I can think of is making sure its had time to heal before any planned procedures cause as DJW mentioned of having to take it out for tests/procedures etc
Dx'ed (June '14) Crohn's colitis w/ possible small bowel involvement, Pyloric Stenosis. Asthma, Multiple allergies, pre-diabetic, unexplained tachycardia, hypertension, restless leg, and pos. ANA, waiting for rheum. referral for possible lupus
Meds: Azathioprine, Methyprednisolone, metoprolol ER, Lomotil, Tramadol, Protonix, flexeril, ropinirole, farxiga, vits D, b12, biotin, fish oil, glucosamine

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's and piercing