• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just started on humira

Just started humira today with the starting dose of 4 shots and prednisone for crohn's. Got shots at 10:00 this morning and thankfully no side effects at this point. I am still very worried about side effects of this medication.

Hi and welcome. I start mine on Tuesday not looking forward to it at all and like you I am also very worried about the side effects. Hope you're doing well so far on it.

The only real side effect I had was that my legs felt heavy for a day or two after my shot. That's doesn't happen now - I've been taking Humira for a while.

Since you're taking it, think positive. Maybe it will work for you and not have any of the bad side effects. :)

Just started humira today with the starting dose of 4 shots and prednisone for crohn's. Got shots at 10:00 this morning and thankfully no side effects at this point. I am still very worried about side effects of this medication.
I had no side effects with Humira (lucky me). The loading dose worked well for me initially. However, I'm now on weekly but it has a limited effect. I hope you find it works for you!

Just got my loading dose (4 pens) 30 minutes ago. Hopeful this clears me up. Although I'm lucky to not suffer much anyways, but the scope 3 months ago showed my Crohn's to be severe. I'll see how this goes and fingers crossed no side effects. The horror stories kept me from starting Humira, but I guess now there's no looking back. Onward and upward right? All the best to everyone starting the journey and those already on it. :)

I started on Humira about 6 weeks ago. I was also really worried about the side effects, but I spoke with my wife's uncle who is an internist and also worked for the CDC. He really helped put my fears to rest. He basically told me that, although there are possible side effects, the risks definitely outweigh the rewards. He also told me that, even if there is the slightest most unlikely to happen side effect, they still must list it as a possible side effect. So far, I've gone through the loading dose and the second dose of two injections and am due for my next one this Friday. So far, so good. I haven't noticed any side effects so far.