• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

When does fatigue recede, if ever from IMURAN?

I just started 150 mg each day. Feel horribly fatigued. I expected this because I've taken it before but can't remember when it recedes. My vague recollection is that it goes away to some extent but back when I took it I was taking wellbutrin which is very energizing so I'm not sure if the fatigue ever went away. Your thoughts? BTW I take it at bedtime.
Kenneth

DJW

Forum Monitor
Sorry I missed your post.

From my recollection it took quite awhile. I started taking it before bed because it made me so tired.

nogutsnoglory

I was on 6mp and was always weak and sick. Everyone is different. It may take time to adjust or maybe lowering the dose will help.

I agree with nogutsnoglory. Currently being on Remicade (last infusion Dec 1), Imuran and Prednisone - and Cymbalta and Lyrica to counteract the stupid neurapathy, one minute I have boundless energy, the next I'm more than half passed out on my desk.

Everyone reacts to things differently, and then you start combining all this stuff and who knows......

I'm on 250 mg of Azathioprine daily and I sleep the night and half the day away, the consolation is that it's not a steroid.

The other thing I've noticed that is rarely mentioned is that I'm constantly jittery and out of sorts mentally.