Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Strange spot, lump on leg Help??

11-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
HorseLover!!

My Support Groups:
Strange spot, lump on leg Help??

I've got this weird lump on my left leg, it's quite red, it did have pus but it popped earlier, it's really red in the middle but the redness has spread, it's hard underneath the area, it's swollen but only a little bit and it's quite hot

I'm not on any meds at the moment, this has happened since I have come off them, I have been having issue since my doctor took my off Aza, Please someone tell me I'm not flaring again as I have only been off meds for 2 months now and I don't want to have to go back on them although I am starting to think I should make a doctors appointment again and ask for something

Anyone have any ideas??

Had my first Colonoscopy and Endoscopy at age 2 1/2 years old

Diagnosed with Crohn's in 1998 when I turned 3

19 Years and counting with Crohn's!

Previous: Prednisolone and Pentasa slow release, Had tube feeding at age 3, Azathioprine

Currently in a flare but not taking any medication because doctor hasn't bothered to prescribe anything

My HORSE is not just a HORSE, he is my SANITY, my HAPPINESS, my THERAPIST and my BEST FRIEND

11-23-2014, 02:07 PM   #2
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Sorry you're dealing with this. You needs to call the doctor IMO.
It could be erthema nodosum.

Visit Crohn's and Colitis Canada:
http://www.crohnsandcolitis.ca/site/...tis_Canada.htm

Living in Ontario with no drug benefits?

Trillium Drug Program:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/publi..._trillium.aspx

Dave
11-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #3
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Can you take a picture of it? Where is it on your leg? Is this the first one that you noticed?
Ankilosing Spondylitis
Inflammatory Arthritis

Failed meds:
Humira
Remicade
Asacol HD
Cimzia
Methotrexate
11-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
HorseLover!!

My Support Groups:
Can you take a picture of it? Where is it on your leg? Is this the first one that you noticed?
It's near the back of my leg on the left hand side of my left leg, this isn't the first one but it's the WORST one I've had, I have scars from the other ones

This ISN'T my leg but it looks a bit like this but it has got a bit more pus, and it's a lot more red.

...,.,.,.,.,.,..jpg
11-23-2014, 07:53 PM   #5
Bmwife

Redness , heat & swelling are signs of infection. Go get it looked at. Good luck.
11-27-2014, 05:31 AM   #6
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
How are you feeling now HorseLover? Were you able to get yourself looked at? I hope things have gotten better for you.

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
11-27-2014, 12:27 PM   #7
HorseLover!!

My Support Groups:
How are you feeling now HorseLover? Were you able to get yourself looked at? I hope things have gotten better for you.
Thanks Cross-stitch gal I'm feeling a bit better I didn't manage to go to the doctors because apparently they were "all booked up" The strange lump is turning purple but it's healing, I know it's going to scar as I have had other that have scarred but never mind, I have had other but they come and go by themselves, that one was the worst I have had and I hope I don't get any more for a while, but I won't hold my hopes up to high as I have a feeling I'm going into another flare it's sad because I have only been in remission for 2 nearly 3 months.

But never mind I just have to hold my head u and keep going as I am viewing a horse on Saturday so fingers crossed the she is the right horse and if she is she will be mine and I am so excited, let's hope my Crohn's behaves itself lol :P.

Sorry for long post I don't know what came over me :P.
11-27-2014, 04:51 PM   #8
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Glad to hear that it's healing!!! Sorry about the scars and that you're flaring again. Here's a hope that you'll be able to make it to the horse viewing with no problems!!! Take care!
11-27-2014, 05:49 PM   #9
HorseLover!!

My Support Groups:
Glad to hear that it's healing!!! Sorry about the scars and that you're flaring again. Here's a hope that you'll be able to make it to the horse viewing with no problems!!! Take care!
Thanks Cross-stitch gal I hope so to

Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Strange spot, lump on leg Help??