Share Facebook

11-27-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
New Symptoms

I had blood work done a few weeks ago, everything came back great. I am a little confused as to why I feel crappy. New symptoms include light headedness, dizzy spells, nausea, uneasy feeling in my gut, severe bloating, diarrhea every few days, and cramps every few days. I feel worst in the morning. Ideas?
Ankilosing Spondylitis
Inflammatory Arthritis

Failed meds:
Humira
Remicade
Asacol HD
Cimzia
Methotrexate
11-27-2014, 01:51 PM   #2
Tuff

My Support Groups:
The diarrhea and cramps could be a flare starting up.
Dizziness and lightheadedness can be caused by dehydration. This is something I have struggled with for a long time. I have a water bottle on hand that I sip from all day long, and that helps.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...s/con-20030056
Maybe give your doctor a call, don't wait until it gets worse.

Stelara, Warfarin, calcium, Vitamins B12, D.
Previously: 5-Asa, Cipro, Flagyl, Prednisone, Aza, Remicade.
Pulmonary Embolism, DVT's, osteopenia, Peripheral neuropathy.
11-27-2014, 04:17 PM   #3
CrohnsLifer

Check your meds for side effects.
11-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
David
Co-Founder

I'm sorry you're not feeling well

How long have the new symptoms been persisting?
11-28-2014, 11:41 PM   #5
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
The nausea has been going on for a few months, but it's worse lately. Especially in the morning.
The other stuff usually happens with my period, but it stuck around this time, so maybe 2 or 3 weeks, and it's usually worse in the morning.
I feel like a lot of it has to do with the hernia that I have. The thing should have its own zip code. I can't eat or drink anything with out feeling like someone has to roll me out the door. (Cue oompa loompas coming to take me away like violet)
11-29-2014, 02:29 AM   #6
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Have they checked on that hernia lately? All I care about though, is that hopefully something can be done for you soon...

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
11-29-2014, 09:53 AM   #7
SarahBear

My Support Groups:
Sounds a lot like my symptoms, so that's no help.

How are you eating? What's going on with the ankylosing spondylitis now (sorry - I've been a bit absent lately - I should know that)? Do you know what all they checked with your blood work? Did the symptoms start before it was done, around the same time, or a little after?

Sarah.
Diagnosed with Crohn's disease 12/6/08.
Have taken: Prednisone, 6mp, methotrexate, Pentasa.
Currently waiting for a new medication!

Check out the Crohn's forum chat!

11-29-2014, 12:13 PM   #8
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Sarah!
Its probable that I have AS. I have all of the symptoms and I have HLA-B27. A lot has happened since we talked last. But I'm on Remicade now and don't have any problems with my back now. (Another reason why they think AS)
I forgot what all they tested, I know I'm no longer anemic (for the first time in 7 years) my CRP was practically non existent, my B 12 was normal. Basically there was no red flags what so ever. It was done about 6 weeks ago when I was feeling pretty awful. I haven't seen my GI since the end of summer, I am going to call and make an appointment on Monday
11-29-2014, 01:14 PM   #9
SarahBear

My Support Groups:
I'm glad your AS symptoms have let up!

I'm not sure what to suggest. Low vitamin levels are my first thought, of course, but if everything is in order blood work wise, it's hard to say. You are eating alright?

Hopefully your GI can get you in quickly and will know what's going on.

Question about your dizziness and light-headedness - does it happen a lot when you stand up, or move after staying still for a while? Is it constant?
11-29-2014, 03:18 PM   #10
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
If I'm not wearing my abdominal binders (my support bands for the hernia) and I stand up I get really dizzy - I also get short of breath. So, again is worse in the morning because I don't have my binders on yet
11-29-2014, 03:20 PM   #11
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I'm eating better than I ever have. I don't eat anything processed. I focus on eating more lean protein than other meats, I don't eat sugar or pop
12-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #12
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I recently had labyrinthitis (inner ear inflammation) which caused horrendous dizziness/vertigo - it was like everything was spinning, and that spinning sensation in turn caused awful nausea. It sounds like your dizziness isn't as bad as that, so probably not labyrinthitis, but something to consider looking into if the dizziness sticks around or gets worse. For me it lasted about 2.5 months total, gradually getting a little bit better each day until it finally went away. Walking around helped improve the symptoms - it's like, the inner ear gets inflamed and then it can't tell the brain where you are in space, so if you walk around then that helps the brain re-acquaint itself with where your body and head are in space and the dizziness then gets a little better the more you walk. And for me the symptoms were worst first thing in the morning & last thing at night, so similar to what you said. Like I said, it probably/hopefully isn't that, but it might be something to ask your doctor about if things don't improve.
12-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #13
guest20
ellazmeanie

My Support Groups:
Was told a while back I had labryinthitis now I'm meant to have a sunken cerebellum instead have vertigo and balance issues giddiness and clumsy can't look left to right or upwards too quick or feel like I'm going to stumble hope all you both have is labryinthitis