Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Remicade assistance

08-31-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
Becky

remicade assistance

I think I read on here before about help for costs of remicade.
I just found out my insurance change at the beginning of the year. I dont know why I am getting the first bill now. Last year I did not have to pay for remicade and now this year I have to pay a portion of it. I can not afford this. Help
Thanks
Becky
08-31-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
imisspopcorn
Punctuation Impaired

My Support Groups:
Becky, I got email from CCFA a few days ago and this is a link they have for people who need help with the cost of meds. I don't know if Remicade was on there but it might help.
http://www.needymeds.org/resourcepag..._colitis.shtml.
08-31-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
imisspopcorn
Punctuation Impaired

My Support Groups:
http://www.needymeds.org/resourcepag..._colitis.shtml

Let me see if this link will connect since the last one didn't work. Okay this one works. Sorry I'm a little challenged the computer area...Well, a lot of areas!!!
09-01-2009, 07:07 AM   #4
Becky

Thanks for the info. LAst year it was completely covered and this year I just found out, because it takes ins. so long to pay, that i have to pay 10%. It doesnt seem like a lot but about $700 each time is more than i have to pay.
09-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
Becky

Since ins. is taking forever to pay there portion I have only recieved 1 bill. It is for $700. I know I have another bill of over $500 coming as well.
My last infusion total hospital bill was for $9000. Of coarse ins. only pays a portion of that. The $700 is more than 10% of what ins. paid but less then the total so I have to look into how they got that amount.
09-02-2009, 08:36 AM   #6
Becky

I have been getting it at a hospital (didnt know I had a choice and last year I didnt pay anyting so didnt matter). I just get an IV until the remicade comes and the is it. My total charges range from 7000-9000. Ins. pays 3000-4000 of it. I have a 10% coapy until $2500. Now that I am not going to a hospital anymore it will be cheaper.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Remicade assistance