• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New from Boise Idaho

Hi All!
This is my first time using this Forum, and I am truly thankful that you all are sharing here.
I have a 23 year old daughter that was diagnosed with crohns when she was 19. She has been having several flares Lately (they keep putting her on prednisone then weaning her off and she gets sick again) and she is taking Humira.
She could only get a hold of her Dr's nurse today and the nurse said it sounded like the Humira was not working anymore.

Anyhow I live in Boise Idaho and was wondering if the
Jmrogers who I see is also lives in Boise might be able to share some local support groups.
Thanks in advance
a mom who is verrrry worried

afidz

Super Moderator
Hello Laurie Ross!
I moved your post here to try to get more responses, if you have any questions about how to use the forum, I will be happy to help. Also, if you want me to change the title I created, I will be happy to do so as well.
I am going to retag Jmrogers in case the tag fell off when I moved this thread
If you haven't already, check out the parents section, there are so many wonderful knowledgeable parents in there that are always willing to help or lend an ear.
I hope you find as much comfort and help here as many of us have, this is such an amazing community.
:hug:

Thanks for the tags, Welcome Laurie I have responded to your PM's prior to seeing the tags.
Feel free to post general questions here as well since I don't have any experience with humira as neither my husband nor my son have been on that one yet.
Adfiz is right there are plenty of parents in the parents section with older children.