• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

First Trial of Bioelectronic Device to control CD

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ces-Trial-Bioelectronic-Therapy-Treat-Crohn’s

"SetPoint’s novel platform consists of an implantable miniature neuromodulation device, wireless charger and iPad prescription pad application. The system uses vagus nerve stimulation to activate the body’s natural Inflammatory Reflex, which produces a potent systemic anti-inflammatory effect."

This technology has been shown effective in limited studies for RA and now being investigated for CD.

If this pans out, we'll one day have an App for controlling CD! What a trip.

David

Co-Founder
This is extremely interesting to me. As I have postulated before, I suspect one of the potential causes of some forms of Crohn's disease to be chronic pesticide exposure, especially organophosphates and carbamates. Each of these families of pesticides are shown to have a negative affect on the vagus nerve. That stimulating the vagus nerve is hypothesized to have a beneficial affect on inflammation would reinforce my theory.