Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Bloating and fizzy-feeling burps

12-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
Brad P

Bloating and fizzy-feeling burps

Hi all

On occasion I get some bloating and with it, maybe fizzy burps. It's like I had a soda but I didn't. The fizz feeling goes right up to my nasal cavities when I burp. It can also taste like I drank beer but I don't drink beer and haven't in years. So I figure something is brewing in my stomach or bowels, either yeast or bacteria overgrowth. I think it is the latter. It will eventually go away but never know why it started in the first place.

I have Crohn's but it has been under control for almost 5 years now where I've been pred-free since February 2010.
March 8th, 2010 - off work due to Crohn's, scarred stricture.
May 19th, 2010 - Roux en Y duodenal bowel bypass surgery (gastrojejunostomy)
October 2010 - Fully recovered, back to work...again!
May-July 2016 - Bad Crohn's flareup (apparently)
12-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #2
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Do you have acid reflux? Sounds like that could be an issue.
12-09-2014, 11:42 AM   #3
Brad P

Do you have acid reflux? Sounds like that could be an issue.
I am on Nexium and get occasional reflux but usually not with a fizzy sensation going up to the throat and even the sinus cavities.

I may be having a mild flareup for the past 4-5 days. I never know anymore since the surgeries I had in 2008 and 2010. Flareups don't present themselves in the same way anymore.
12-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #4
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Silent reflux can go up into the sinuses so it could be the cause. Maybe try some gasx?

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Bloating and fizzy-feeling burps