Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » How quickly did you see results with Humira?

12-08-2014, 01:57 AM   #1
aideen33

My Support Groups:
How quickly did you see results with Humira?

I just started this past week.... I am hopeful but dont want to get my hopes up for nothing.
But.....
I did notice that i have less blood (not completely gone but noticeable decrease) and BMs that are more "formed" and not mostly or completely liquid for the first time in months.

Is it possible Humira could be effective that quickly in yalls experience or is this more likely a coincidence brought on by prednisone finally kicking in now that im back to 40 mg a day and/or the imuran we started a little over a month ago?
Dx'ed (June '14) Crohn's colitis w/ possible small bowel involvement, Pyloric Stenosis. Asthma, Multiple allergies, pre-diabetic, unexplained tachycardia, hypertension, restless leg, and pos. ANA, waiting for rheum. referral for possible lupus
Meds: Azathioprine, Methyprednisolone, metoprolol ER, Lomotil, Tramadol, Protonix, flexeril, ropinirole, farxiga, vits D, b12, biotin, fish oil, glucosamine
12-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
theOcean

My Support Groups:
I definitely think so. I remember within hours of getting my Remicade infusions (when I was still on it) I would improve... by the time I was put on Humira, most of my symptoms had already disappeared, but biologics do act quickly if you're lucky.

If you're on prednisone, though, it could be a combination of both. I'd like to think it's the Humira, though. As you taper off of the prednisone, you'll see.
Unrelated Medication: 36mg Concerta, 75mg Pregabalin
Currently: In remission!
12-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #3
aideen33

My Support Groups:
Fingers crossed then cause if it holds, doc will be amenable to tapering the pred and maybe i can get into something approaching remission without the oh so *lovely* prednisone
12-14-2014, 03:00 AM   #4
Scaryman
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
You MUST give Humira 12-16 weeks to gauge effectiveness. If you feel tired and have no energy for the first two months please keep in mind that is NORMAL! Try and tough this out unless you have some kind of reaction your doctor has to take you off of it. But you should notice a change within 3-4 weeks.
Remicade- failed with infusion reaction.
Mesalamine-another failure
Entecourt - fail- no help.
currently on Methotrexate 25mg and Humira combo.
Folic Acid Supplement
Hyclosomine,Ultram,vicoden for pain as needed
Extended right Hemocolectomy 5/24/13 Univ.Of Chicago
11/7/13- small crohns ulcer at surgical site (active).

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » How quickly did you see results with Humira?