Share Facebook

12-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #31
Lam123

Jennifer, are you on remicade now? What difference have you noticed being on humira and now remicade?
Humira weekly
- multi vitamin and vitamin D
- B12 shots monthly
Mother of one beautiful boy and a puppy! 👪🐶Happily married to an amazing and patient man, that I call my best friend❤️I'm just living life one day at a time and trying to figure out this crazy disease! 🍀🌞⭐️
12-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #32
Jennifer
Adminstrator

No I'm only on 6MP right now. After I got off Humira I went on Remicade for a few months. Things were going fine until I started having other odd infections from that. My lymph nodes would swell in my armpits which was pretty painful and I noticed a lump in each breast which turned out to be mastitis (breast infection). I've never breast fed nor had a baby for that matter so my doctors were concerned that it would continue to happen if not get worse if I stayed on Remicade. Tried Methotrexate after that and had other infections that involved my lady parts. My doctors concluded that I'm very sensitive to all those medications. :P Not everyone has this problem with these meds. I haven't tried Cimzia or Entyvio. The concern is that I'll have a similar reaction to them as well.

My disease is currently in remission so that's why I'm just on 6MP. I was on Allopurinol and 6MP but since I'm prepping to try and conceive in the near future I'm trying to get some of the medications out of my system before we try.

Remicade took time to build up in my system but Humira worked instantly for me. All of my joint pain was gone within 2 weeks of taking the very first loading dose. That's why I'd be willing to try it again in the future.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
12-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #33
Lam123

Oh ok. I understand. When I was on humira biweekly I got the odd infection, but nothing that I even went to the doctor for. Since being on humira weekly, I have had more infections. I think humira will last for another 6 months to a year for me, it's been a great drug, has given me great remission. But I find it's taking a lot of effort to stay well now and from my past, that usually means the medication has come to an end. My next step would be remicade.