Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Colonoscopy with active fissure

12-14-2014, 09:24 PM   #1
matty

Colonoscopy with active fissure

Hello everyone, time again for my colonoscopy on wed. Last time I felt my fissure was active but it wasn't,the, but this time I really feel it as I feel burning pain that goes down leg. Can u still do test if fissure painful
12-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #2
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Yes, you can- make sure you tell the doctor. I have had them done with active fistula as well.

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
12-14-2014, 09:44 PM   #3
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
They are going to pump you full of air and lubricate you so as long as they are aware of the fissure they shouldn't even scrape it going in. I'd tell them when you consent and again before they put you to sleep just to be certain.
12-14-2014, 10:26 PM   #4
matty

Thanks so much,. I just wish I was done, was supposed to do last month but Dr went on family emergency.
12-15-2014, 02:34 AM   #5
matty

Just check rectum and there is a red line where fissure was, it is for sure action and burns. What I so afraid of is that so far this fissure has not caused me alot of pain but kinda burning bad right now. I scared the cleansing laxative will burn the he'll out of me and the scope to make cut bigger and thus making me have severe pain after regarding the fissure cause right it is tolerable, don't have pain with bm,s. Had it for 2 yrs
12-15-2014, 02:37 AM   #6
matty

I panicking cause I feel to cancel.
12-15-2014, 06:41 PM   #7
Sailorluna
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
You can use a barrier cream to protect it from the output. I have multiple active fistulas and the scope has never hurt them

Symptoms since 98
Resection and diagnosis June 2010
3 fistulas
abscess drained 6 times (so far...)
currently 2 seton in place 1 since 9/11 the other 4/14
1 strange small air pocket with an 8 cm sinus track leading into the great unknown
methotrexate weekly
folic acid
2 lomotil
2 Welchol
B12 injections (monthly)
Remicade

_____
Goodbye Humira
Goodbye Cimzia
Goodbye Azathiprine
12-15-2014, 09:27 PM   #8
matty

Thanks, I will do. That. Going to have a sandwich and that it for eating. Test is on wed morning.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Colonoscopy with active fissure