• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I need help

Hi my name is Shannon I will try to keep the story as brief as possible. In August 2014 while spending the day with my family I doubled over in so much pain I thought I was going to die. By the time my husband got me to the hospital I thought I was having a heart attack. They rushed me into emergency surgery they said I had a pocket attached to my small intestine that had gotten impacted and torn so it was leaking tocsin into my body. I had 4 inches of my small intestine removed. Since then I have been in the hospital Oct Nov Dec had 4 colonoscopy and 3 CT scans. Been rushed to the hospital every time of stomach pain starts just under my rib cage runs down right side 2 of the 4 times I had to be lifted off of the floor because I could not stand. Sorry if what I am about to say gets graphic I get out the hospital have a tore up belly for about a week then normal then I get excruciating pain from being constipated I know then when the diarrhea stars back within a week I will be back in the hospital. They find nothing all they say is irritable bowel. I can't wrap my brain around that please help with any input

Last edited:

nogutsnoglory

That's awful im so sorry. 4 colonoscopies in such a short time seems completely unreasonable.

I highly recommend you get seen by a well known gastroenterologist. I don't know if it's IBD but something is wrong obviously. You may even want to fly out to mayo clinic for evaluation.