Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » 45 degree Stealth Belt

01-03-2015, 05:44 AM   #1
Grotbags

My Support Groups:
45 degree Stealth Belt

I have been reading some of the Stealth Belt reviews, but haven't seen any for the 45 degree belt, I ordered one last week, obviously haven't received it yet, but I'm hopeful it will be a success.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this variety ?.

It seems to me, the 45 one would be a good compromise, I don't fancy having my bag on horizontally, and being rather short, I find wearing my bag vertically a bit awkward, so I wear mine at a jaunty angle anyway.
01-03-2015, 05:52 AM   #2
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I've not tried it. I believe Veganostomy has. Hopefully he will be along soon.

Visit Crohn's and Colitis Canada:
http://www.crohnsandcolitis.ca/site/...tis_Canada.htm

Living in Ontario with no drug benefits?

Trillium Drug Program:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/publi..._trillium.aspx

Dave
01-03-2015, 09:40 AM   #3
VeganOstomy

My Support Groups:
I haven't tried the 45 degree Stealth Belt, just the regular horizontal one. I'll be interested to know how it goes for you.

Sent from my SM-N910U

https://www.veganostomy.ca
https://www.youtube.com/user/Veganostomy/
https://www.facebook.com/Veganostomy
https://www.twitter.com/VeganOstomy

01-03-2015, 10:22 AM   #4
Grotbags

My Support Groups:
I read your review of the original belt, which sounded great, I'll let you know how I get on, but being in Scotland, I won't get it for about a month I should imagine.
01-03-2015, 10:35 AM   #5
VeganOstomy

My Support Groups:
I read your review of the original belt, which sounded great, I'll let you know how I get on, but being in Scotland, I won't get it for about a month I should imagine.
I'm in Canada and I believe it took a month to get! I think they've sped up their production.

Sent from my SM-N910U
01-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #6
Grotbags

My Support Groups:
I'm in Canada and I believe it took a month to get! I think they've sped up their production.

Sent from my SM-N910U
Jings !, make that two months then
01-28-2015, 11:01 AM   #7
Grotbags

My Support Groups:
I received my belt today
Unfortunately there's either been a mix up at the company, or it's my error, I ordered a 45 degree belt, assuming they meant 45 degrees across my stomach, what I have is a belt that needs to be worn across my right hip, which I can't see working.
I just rechecked the site, and there's no mention of the belt being worn across the hip, and no photo either.
So if anyone is tempted to buy a 45 degree belt, be aware !.
I've sent an e mail off to them, I'll post back when I get a reply.
01-28-2015, 11:42 AM   #8
VeganOstomy

My Support Groups:
I received my belt today
Unfortunately there's either been a mix up at the company, or it's my error, I ordered a 45 degree belt, assuming they meant 45 degrees across my stomach, what I have is a belt that needs to be worn across my right hip, which I can't see working.
I just rechecked the site, and there's no mention of the belt being worn across the hip, and no photo either.
So if anyone is tempted to buy a 45 degree belt, be aware !.
I've sent an e mail off to them, I'll post back when I get a reply.
Can you post a photo of what it looks like when worn?
01-28-2015, 01:07 PM   #9
Grotbags

My Support Groups:
Will do VO, probably tomorrow.
I got a reply, and it is meant to be worn over the hip, which just sounds weird to me, but heyho, I'll give it a go.
They did suggest I could also wear the belt upside down, so the zip was at the top, which I'll try too.
If anyone is thinking of ordering one, it would be a simple matter to get in touch with the company, and specify it to be made over the stomach.
01-31-2015, 02:24 PM   #10
Grotbags

My Support Groups:

The 45 degree belt.
It is very well made, but not what I was hoping for, other than the mix up previously mentioned, I found the fastening too bulky, and the whole thing a bit of a faff, to me, it doesn't do anything a belly band doesn't.
As you can see from the photo, if I was wearing anything clingy or thin, it would be pretty obvious there was something there
The one good thing I liked about it is that it doesn't squash your stoma, which I dislike doing, because it's the part next to your skin your tightening, the pouch part stays slack.
I did wear it with my Ostomy Resolutions guard, which I would recommend to anyone, great design, and so comfy !, the guard that you can buy with the belt is pretty useless as it's just a flat piece of aluminium, so if you got a knock, it would still hurt.
As for wearing my pouch over my hip, not impressed, currently if I'm emptying, I can just sit on the pan, and empty it out between my legs, no fuss, dead quick and clean. Wearing the pouch the other way meant a rather awkward balance on the edge of the pan, or a thigh crunching crouch, it was also difficult to keep my clothes out of the way whilst emptying.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » 45 degree Stealth Belt