• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

At a total loss

hello all, I was browsing my symptoms again for the millionth time over the past 20yrs. I have been dealing with this since high school and still no definitive answer. I have had three colon scopes over the past years and the last one was terrible. they could not get around one curve and while pushing I woke up during. Last one I had to say the least. I am at a loss. Example of what I am going thru. I had such loose stool on day after Christmas coming home from parents house that a 3hr drive was 4.5 bc of all the stops we had to make. Sad thing is I didn't eat before we left because I know better. It makes my lower back hurt so bad and just makes me weak. that was the last movement I have had to date and I am miserable and scared to use a stool softener but I know I am going to have to in order to get the "cork" out. Over the years all I have been told is IBS or colitis, watch what I eat and take Metamucil. It doesn't matter what I eat because what sets it off one day may not affect me the next day. I am miserable! When I go out I either don't eat all day or eat at the end of the day when I know I will be home right after. I know this is long but I figured I needed to describe to get informative feedback. I am 5'5 and weigh the most I have weighed in over 20yrs 107lb. any positive feedback and direction will be appreciated.

Trysha

Staff member
Hello onthego and welcome to the forum
Sorry to hear you are having so many problems
It might be a good idea to get another opinion from a gastroenterologist
Have you had blood work done such as CBC,sedimentation rate etc
Have you had any other tests like MRI ,CAT scans,ultrasound.
These tests will sometimes give a definitive diagnosis
From what you describe you do need a good gastroenterologist
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha