• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Any solutions for smell?

Had multiple fistulas laid open and am on op 22. The smell is getting progressively worse although ive recently had infection drained. Does anybody have any tips for hiding the smell as its very anti-social to say the least.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

I feel for you. I'm sure someone will be along who can help.
Sending you my support.

Hello and welcome. No answers here but want to send support. You may want to post your question on the fistulas subforum.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Sorry to see you are going through this. Normally odor is a sign of active infection, could you have some still festering in there? Keeping the area as clean as possible can be very challenging, are you able to clean frequently and/or take sitz baths?

I have copied your post over to the fistula sub forum, hopefully you will get some more answers there.

nogutsnoglory

You can try chlorophyll tablets, some do say it helps with body odor and stool smell. I tried it for ostomy bag smell and it didn't help but they are cheap and worth a try.

Other than that, keep clean, pads probably help mask smell and maybe keep a little spray perfume to spray on pants to disguise smell.

Keep in mind, you are more self consious about it and others may not even notice a smell.