• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi

Not so much a story, more just a hello and thankyou. I have been lurking for a few weeks now after having suspected Crohn's and a positive test result for IBD last week. I still have further tests to do to determine if it is Crohn's but my GI seems fairly certain. I wont bother with all the symptoms as you all live with them anyway, but needless to say after going through a little bit of hell I am now on 40mg pred and feel amazing by comparison, the Oxycodone aint bad either. Anyway I just want to say hi.It's great to know that I am not alone in this even though I would wish it on no one especially when I read the kids stories ( I have 3 of my own ).

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello and welcome to the forum
I'm sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis but I'm so glad you've managed to find us here. As I'm sure you've seen this place is full of people who understand what it's like to deal with IBD.

Feel free to look around and get comfortable. If you have any specific questions then please feel free to ask us, there is no such thing as a silly question and there is almost always someone who can relate. Even if we cannot directly answer your questions we will at least support you and try to point you in the right direction.

Feel free to take a look at the treatment section and familiarise yourself with the different options that are available to you, this may help you when it comes to choosing the next step in the long term management of your condition.

Last edited:
Thanks to both of you. Having been diagnosed 10 years ago with Anorexia Crohn's was the last thing I was expecting in all honesty I thought that my lack of eating for the past 20 odd years had possibly left me with bowel cancer and I was afraid and embarrassed to go to the GP, now they think not anorexia ( which i told them years ago ) and simply a symptom of IBD. I must say it is a relief ( pardon the pun ) to be able to talk about the nitty gritty without feeling mortified about discussing bathroom habits with other who have to deal with it daily too.

valleysangel92

Staff member
There's no need to be embarressed around us, there isn't much we haven't seen or done. Unfortunately it is pretty common for people with IBD to first be misdiagnosed and a common one is eating disorders. This is because some of the main symptoms of IBD (weight loss, lack of appetite, nutrient deficiencies) mimic those of anorexia and bulimia. I'm glad to see that you have now been given a proper diagnosis and I hope that you are finally getting the treatment you deserve.