• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My toilet broke

Leaking, flood the bathroom etc. We only have 1 which is important to this story for myself, my fiance if he ever gets out of work, and 2 kids.
Maintenance comes out. More concerned with whether or not i had emptied my trash than my busted toilet. Annoyed the daylights outta me. Ive asked repeatedly about moving to a downstairs unit since the stairs kill my hips. They ignore this but whatever.
their answer to my broken toilet? Towels on the floor so it doesnt leak into the downstairs unit, turn the water off rendering my toilet non functional, and tell me they will "fix it tomorrow", so from about 1830 on... Ive had a non working toilet.

This is obviously an issue.

I'm sorry. I blocked one of our toilets once and was so embarrassed.... luckily I have a very capable dad who fixed it in the middle of the night (he even went outside, had to lift up the drain cover and dig around in there with a pitchfork.... I was so embarrassed).

It sounds like formal complaints are in order for your maintenance men. I hope you get it sorted very soon - it's not like toilet use is optional, even for those without Crohn's.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I would say a formal complaint is in order to, that is totally unacceptable!

On a side note, a good idea for an emergency roller would be a camping toilet- we actually have two right now, one we bought and another that came with pour camper. In a pinch, can be used inside and they don't smell.....you can empty it in the toilet when you have a working one, and wash it outside or in the tub.

Toilet was finally repaired.... after being non functional for 16+ hours. And after they insisted that i personally turn the water back on myself so that i could scrub it because "it might not be healthy for them to fix it if it isnt clean enough", never mind the fact that we had had no ability to flush for 16 hours *grr*

Im going to bring this up when i call management tomorrow, at the corporate level since the on site manager is no help, about the fact that i discovered that despite my repeated requests to be moved to the first floor for medical reasons (joint pain is making stairs impossible) and being told that there are no first floor rooms (we are in extended stay while house hunting) available, i have learned on my own that there are in fact two rooms available on the first floor that i was denied