Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Ready to start Humira (adalimumab) advice please

01-16-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
Katezxx

Ready to start Humira (adalimumab) advice please

I began remicade last January and I literally believed it to be a wonder drug. I was in remission with it about 4-6 weeks after beginning the treatment. I did experience sore joints from the drug but that was about all. However, after my 4th treatment I experienced a delayed reaction to the drug and had severe neck and arm pain, so bad I couldn't lift my arms or barely move my neck, this was put down to being a 'viral infection' at the time, but later it was realised it was as a result of infliximab.

At my 5th treatment I experienced a severe reaction, temperature spiked, chest went tight, I couldn't get a breath and I felt dizzy. The remicade had to be stopped immediately and I was informed I could never have it again. Which was upsetting as it worked so well.

However, I am now due to begin Humira and I am just a bit apprehensive about it, following the reactions I have had with infliximab, I have also been intolerant to pentasa and mezavant. I just wondered if anyone would be kind enough to share their stories of their experiences (good or bad) with Humira? 😊
01-16-2015, 12:38 PM   #2
Clash
Forum Monitor

Sorry to hear about your reaction to remicade. My son is having to switch to humira due to a reaction to remicade as well.

You may want to browse through the humira suppot group thread below

http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=6500
dx March 2012 CD

CURRENT MEDS: MTX injections, Stelara

Dx May 2014: JSpA
8/2014 ileocecectomy
9/2017 G tube

PAST MEDS: remicade, oral mtx, humira
01-16-2015, 03:41 PM   #3
Katezxx

Thanks Clash, much appreciated. 😊

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Ready to start Humira (adalimumab) advice please