• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Denial is getting me nowhere...Facing my dx once again

When I was diagnosed with Crohns in 1985, no one seemed to know what it was,, and I remember support groups were like AA groups, but we gave our real names. Things have really changed, and its amazing to have this forum for support, because this is such a LONELY disease. I had a scary time back in the 80s, but through copious amounts of medications, surgery, and a blood transfusion, I had a glorious remission period of about 10 years. As of the last 3 years I have been FIGHTING the fact that my symptoms are returning, I cannot tell you how scared I have been... so very scared, so depressed. I found this amazing place here on line, i don't want to go to any more depressing support meetings at the "local clinic" where I come out feeling more depressed than when I went in. I know this sounds really negative, but I am so anxious and scared to get back on this rollercoaster,, I should have known the remission ride wouldn't last forever, but when you feel good, you tend to forget to feel bad... So I guess I am new to this forum, but a former ex-girlfriend of my disease. And it looks like we are getting back together, one of those clandestined affairs. I have a new Dr, hes not a GI, but hes a great Internist, my new dx includes my Crohns disease, Hypertension with Tachycardia, Diabetes and Kidney Failure. (Stage 1)
I was diagnosed with Crohns Dis. in 1985, Hypertension in 2004, Diabetis and Kidney Dis. in 2014. I am now 47, so I have had Crohns for 30 years.
Anyway, thats my story, thank you for listening! :heart:

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community :) I'm so sorry that you're seeing your ex once again :(

Always be sure to remind your doctors that you're having issues with your kidneys since that can play a big part in your treatment regimen. In addition, you'll see various recommendations for supplementation here. While it's always best to speak with a doctor first before taking anything OTC, since you're having kidney issues, it is VERY IMPORTANT for you to do so.

We're here for you!