• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forum

I was diagnosed with crohns at the age of 13 and I am now 44.I have had a few years here and there where I was ok but for the most part it has been a rough ride!I had developed a fistula when I was 15 and have had many surgeries to try and correct it but it always comes back.I had 2 bowel resections and a Whipple procedure due to chronic pancreatitis which was a result of my crohns.I was just hospitalized last week with a bowel obstruction.My GI gave me a colonoscopy while in the hospital and I had three strictures dialated.I am still in. A lot of discomfort and I think I will be needing another surgery in the near future.

I have had a host of complications over the years including,kidney stones,joint pain,fistulas,fevers,night sweats,and chronic pain.I never realized that there was a forum for people with crohns.Sometimes it is nice to see that someone else understands what you are going thru.Anyways thanks for taking the time to read my intro!I probably could have written pages on how I have felt over the last 31 years.By the way my name is Tom!

Hi Tom!
Glad you found the website. It is helpful to connect with others who know what you are going through.
Sorry you are having a rough go of it right now. I have been diagnosed with Crohns for about 25+ years and have had one resection. I take lots of meds to keep things under control right now. I hope you find the site informative and I bet you have lots of information to share. Keep us posted on how you are doing.