• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here, diagnosed 8 months ago. Feeling better everyday

Hey fellow Crohn's sufferers! My name is Jeremy. I was diagnosed in July of 2014 with severe Crohn's with the wonderful Fistuals to accompany this disease. I had a really shitty doctor at first that didn't care much about helping the problem. He put me on Pentasa 4 x a day, flagyl, entocort and cipro. Well after 3 months of constant pain and not much improvement I changed to a new doctor and he took it a bit more serious. He has me go in for seton placements for anal Fistuals. They did 5 Setons and the pain was unbearable for about a month. I was upwards of 10-15 roxys a day for the pain. Has to take a month off of work because I couldn't sit on my ass. They also found 3 internal fistulas that were connecting my small intestine to another part of my small intestine, small intestine to abdominal, and small intestine to large intestine. Fun times right! After the surgery the doctor put me on 6-mp, cipro, prednisone and eventually got to started on Humira. The Humira worked really well the first month and it has been a slow process of recovery since then. I still have quite the discomfort with the seton placements that will most likely be in my for another 3-4 months. I started reading the studies that have been going on with HGH and Crohn's. I decided I'm the one who is suffering so I'm going to give it a shot. I started at 1 iu a day for 10 days and saw pretty good improvements. I kicked it up to 2 iu a day for the last 5 days and my swelling has gone down tremendously. This is the best I have felt since July of 2014. I plan on running the HGH for about 3 months and hopefully get myself off the 6-mp and Humira all together. It has been an interesting road and I feel for all the other people suffering out there.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your story, You have gone thru a lot. I am glad you are feeling better and hopefully your treatment get you in remission soon. Sending support.

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community.

Please be careful about going off the Humira and 6mp altogether. As you have fistulizing Crohn's, your disease state is very advanced and serious. I just worry that they may be doing more than you realize and are a contributing factor to your improving health.

Regardless, please keep us updated as to how you're doing!

Lady Organic

Staff member
Im glad you are doing better and that this Hormone Growth Therapy seems to help a lot. Ive never heard of that, tried a quick search without much luck.

Could you share some of your research on studies with crohns?

where and how do you buy that?

whatever your decision will be regarding the meds you are taking, please take your time, discuss with your GI and always be open and honest with him/her with your ideas and auto-treatments. so that you always have the best monitoring possible. This is so important. You mention slowing improving over the last months, thats often how immuno-suppressants work, and they can take several months before coming into full effect. It is interesting the HGT is helping but to say it could control completly your disease is another thing, so that is to be considered as well.

Sorry it's been a minute. I am officially in remission as April 2015. I went in for a follow up scope and there are no traces of active Crohn's disease.

Lady Organic - Just google "HGH and Crohns" lots of articles.. I tried to copy post the first 4 items that came up on the search but I don't have permission to post links.. sorry!

I have come from a very severe case of Crohn's with Perianal and internal fistula's.
3 internal and 5 Perianal that they put Seton placements in me. Well my scope in April they said if it looked good the doctor will cut 1 seton out of me. It looked great and he did what he said an cut one out. It bled for a couple days but healed up great. I had a follow up check up June 4th. He checked out the area that the Seton was cut out of me and it healed up so well he couldn't figure out the exact location it was cut out of me. He then said let's cut out 2 more at the doctors office, which i jumped at the opportunity. It has been almost a month now and they are healing up great. My GI said I am the first person he has ever cut Seton placements out of after he has put them in. The 1st person in 20 years of his profession. And how fast I healed after such a severe case is not magic. The HGH does work, and I am the proof. I have been in pain with Perianal fistualas for 17 years before they caught on it was Crohn's disease. I have taken myself off of 6-MP and have cut back my injections of Humira in half (once a month). So far so good. I take 2 IU's of HGH daily. I feel amazing! I highly recommend the HGH therapy. :)
If anybody has questions about this they can PM me

Update!!
I have been doing amazing with the HGH therapy. Shortly after my last post I had the rest of my seton placements removed. I stopped taking Humira in October 2105. I stopped taking my 6-MP daily pills the first of December. I am the first one in my doctors career to have the setons removed, and also the first one to ever stop taking the medication. I am still in full remission with no flare ups. I am not limited on type of foods I eat. I have gone Gluten free which I feel has helped also. Fitness has been a huge part of my life. If you can get on HGH therapy I would highly recommend it!!!