Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » OFG and Penile Swelling

02-01-2015, 03:52 PM   #1
Zagreus

OFG and Penile Swelling

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with orofacial granulomatosis around 5 years ago, after I kept getting mouth ulcers and had swollen lips. I have been keeping that at bay for the most part by following a cinnamon and benzoate free diet. I don't stick to it all that religiously because I can get away with breaking it every so often without it having any noticeable effect.

For the last year or so I have been suffering with penile swelling, it seems like I have clogged up lymphatic ducts, and I have visited a couple of general practitioners who didn't have much of a clue. It is only recently upon researching it online that I have realised that it is very probably linked to Crohns Disease.

If anybody has anybody has any idea how I can reduce the swelling I would be most grateful.

Last edited by Zagreus; 02-01-2015 at 05:36 PM.
02-03-2015, 11:33 AM   #2
araceli
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Welcome to the forum. Sorry I dont have experience with orofacial granulomatosis but I wanted to welcome you. Have you had any tests done for Crohn's disease? You may want to post your question in the Extra intestinal manifestations forum and maybe somebody will be able to answer.
Current meds.
Remicade since Nov. 2012
Supplements
5000 Vit. D, Multi-Vitamins with Iron
Currently in REMISSION :dance

Mom/ 16 boy
Amplified musculoskeletal pain
Prior. Prednisone, sulfasadine,
Currently. Celebrex, gabapentin, amitriptyline.

Last edited by araceli; 02-03-2015 at 11:34 AM. Reason: missing word
02-03-2015, 12:28 PM   #3
Zagreus

Thank you for the welcome, and advice. I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy when I was first diagnosed, and everything was all right, but I am keeping an eye out for any symptoms that would suggest other wise. Thanks again.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » OFG and Penile Swelling