• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Been Approved

Getting nervous. The pharmacy called and they are sending my starter kit Wednesday. Thank God I only have to pay 5 dollars for the co-pay. I pray its the wonder drug most people say it is.

How often do you need to have blood test ran to check your liver, check for cancer, etc.?

Thanks

DX with Severe Crohn's Disease
Gallbladder removal 11/2014

Current meds.
Pentasa 4000mg a day
Prednisone 40mg a day
Bentyl 60mg a day
Norco 10-325 when needed
Nexium 40mg a day

Future meds.
Humira 40mg bi-weekly.

Drinking a 6-pack of ensure a day and eating only one meal. In the middle of a very bad flare.

DJW

Forum Monitor
I get monthly blood work on Remicade. I'm guessing it's the same for humira.

I hope it works great for you.

I hope it does too. I have only worked one and a half weeks since the start of November. And at offshore pay, thats alot of coins to be missing.

Funny thing is everyone has been dragging their heels on this from the start. My doctor said they signed me up for the ambassador program, but after 3 day I called humira where they informed me that they never got any paperwork. I still have my co-pay card that I never activated but when the pharmacy called yesterday, they already had my card on file "who activated it?", and my prescription is only 5 dollars a month.

Does anyone get sick easy on Humira? I work offshore, not the cleanest of places. Im worried I will catch everything under the sun with this medication.

My daughter has been on Humira for about 6 weeks or so. She has 6 siblings who bring everything home in the way of germs from school. We haven't had any issues. Actually, she seems to get sick less than the healthy kids.

Are your vaccinations up to date? Have you also had the Hep A and B vaccinations? We did all this before we started Humira. Def. would want Hep A and B in your work situation.

Yes, my vaccines are up to date. Already had my test to start the humira injections come back good. My concerns are for instance, we had a guy come out with staff and spread it like peanut butter to other people. We have people come out with flu, colds, crabs, etc. I wash my cloths separate, soak down the toilet with bleach before any business is done. Do all I can to keep me safe. Was wondering if thats enough with these meds or should I find a new line of work.

That sounds like a risky environment. A staph infection is bacterial, right? I would really worry about that. I think you have a higher chance of getting a serious bacterial infection with Humira. You know, maybe you should ask your GI or maybe the Humira nurse on the phone line.