• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A recurring problem

Last April, I had a lesion removed surgically. It was a result of Remicade and wouldn't respond to antibiotics. I was told this morning there is fungus around that area. I am going to see the dermatologist Tuesday about it.

Interesting. I have been on Remicade for years. I've had some odd skin rashes/lesions that they finally biopsied and my dermatologist said it showed some odd fungus. The rash comes/goes.

As I recall, they suggested an OTC anti-fungal. I couldn't swear to it, but I believe it was metronidazole cream. I contacted my GI at the time, he wasn't concerned/impressed with the problem. It was an on/off issue for a while, but it's been about a year now since I've had it.