• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira and insomnia?

Does anyone have Insomnia on Humira? I just started my loader doses on Friday. After an hour, I was very sleepy but couldn't fall asleep. I cant sleep no more than 3 hours a night/morning. Thats making myself go to bed. I also have no pain relief. Stomach is cramping worse than normal now, having abdominal spasms. I have swelling on one side of my body and not the other. Right ankle, and right hand has some swelling. My wife also said looks like I have a small bit of swelling over my right kidney. I felt like I was getting a kidney stone yesterday also.

Just wondering if im the only one not sleeping at night due to humira?

I have terrible insomnia of late but im on 35mg/day of prednisone still with my humira so hard to pinpoint which (if either) is the culprit in my case..

I think insomnia and Crohns go hand in hand. Was diagnosed in 1995 with Crohns. I have had insomnia for years. I have taken Humira, Cimzia, Remicade and Simponi, been on steroids. Sometimes I go days before I sleep then I sleep so hard it makes me sick!

I have terrible insomnia of late but im on 35mg/day of prednisone still with my humira so hard to pinpoint which (if either) is the culprit in my case..
prednisone is the most likely to cause insomnia, it's like an energy drink :)

I think insomnia and Crohns go hand in hand.
I think you are right...
Crohns can cause insomnia, and on the other side, insomnia for a few days in a row can trigger a flare-up

My primary also pointed out that sleep issues can be linked to low vitamin D which i do have and my GI tells me is common with Crohns due to problems absorbing from food and drink

I think insomnia and Crohns go hand in hand. Was diagnosed in 1995 with Crohns. I have had insomnia for years. I have taken Humira, Cimzia, Remicade and Simponi, been on steroids. Sometimes I go days before I sleep then I sleep so hard it makes me sick!
HaHa. My friends don't get it one day they'll ask me why I'm tired and I'll tell them I haven't slept in 30 hours. Another day they'll ask me why I'm tired. "I slept 20 hours straight last night."