• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Food and Nutrition Videos

crohnsinct

Here is the list I have been promising. Some are better than others. I suggest you watch them as a family and discuss them in detail. A couple of them are a little strong when it comes to the medical field and pharmaceuticals. I think if kids (especially teens) are watching these the message needs to be tempered. I am as passionate about nutrition a medicine as the next guy but also recognize the need for meds (ha! just look at my signature). Also, while I agree a vegan diet is probably best, my family is not able to do it 100%, 100% of the time. We take the message in each video/book etc and do our best. So here are some of the family's favorites (in order of preference). Most can be found at your public library. There are a bunch of others but I asked my kids and these are the ones they liked best.

Have Fun!

Forks Over Knives - excellent medical research and disease prevention...vegan
Food Matters - they can get down on pharma and docs
Fed Up - about sugar
Food Inc - talks a lot about the practices of food companies...ick!
Planeat
Eating
Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead - juicing but good nutritional info
Supersize Me
Hungry For Change
Vegucated - more based on animal protection than diet
Food Inc - politics of food
Uprooting - very good but a lecture
GMO/OMG
King Corn - also GMO based
Dying to have Known - cancer based and I think pushes a certain doc's regime

On our to watch list: What's On Your Plate - follows kids.

Last edited: