• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Yeah, I also have Crohn's

I am 17 and I have had Crohn's for over two years now. I have spent the last couple hours reading on this site and its help me realize that I am not the only one going through this.

When I first got Crohn's I lost 30 pounds, and to keep this short, nothing at all worked for me except for remicade. I have been on remicade for over a year now, and if it was not for that my life would be terrible. I read alot about people saying remicade does not work and how it screwed them over but remicade has made my life 5x better. I try not to think about it, but once I build up a tolerance to remicade and have to find a new medicine, I have no idea what I am going to do.

Its a little hard having Crohn's while in high school, (I play high school sports) after every away game we stop at MC Donald's and eat. Two years later and people still ask me a million questions every time we stop after a basketball game, because I either dont eat or bring my own food. It's annoying having to explain it to everyone. Literally no one where I lives knows what Crohn's is and people all the time ask me why I eat so different.

For the most part my life is good right now and I owe it all to remicade, I still have to deal with my diet and all the side effects of Crohn's but for the most part my life is pretty normal. I just felt the need to post this because when you search information on remicade most of it is negative and let me just say remicade is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I have never talked to anyone else with Crohn's and it would be nice to see how other people handle it xD
If any teen ever wants to talk about Crohn's feel free to add me on snapchat(jimmyisthebomb1)

Last edited:
I'm so glad to hear remicade is working so well for you. My son is 18 and was on remicade for about 2.5 years. It was a great med for him as well, symptom wise.

He developed antibodies after having to stop remicade for a resection he just moved to Humira. He had his loading doses this past Sunday. He has been asymptomatic for over a year(he had some inflammation the remicade just couldn't tackle so he had surgery). He has been able to eat pretty much what he wants while on remicade so we're helping it will be the same with humira.

Hi Jimmy, welcome to the forum.
My girl is 6 and on Remicade. It has been a life changer for her.
I'm so glad for your positive out look on life.
I always tell my girl.... you may have this disease but it doesn't have to have you.

The good news is their are new drugs coming down the pipe line to treat this disease..... of course they might be years away.

please look around the forum and offer as much advice as you like.

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community! I'm glad you're finding some solace with this forum :)

Don't think too much about the Remicade and build-up of resistance. There are plenty of people here who have been on it for over a decade now and are still going strong. If you do experience resistance, so be it, there's other opportunities for you. But I suspect you're going to be doing well with it for a long time :)