• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the Forum

Hi Everyone,

My name is Linda and I've had CD for over 40 yrs - diagnosed at 19 which was three months after I got married. Quite a wedding gift for my hubby, huh? Believe it or not, we're still together :) He's my rock.

I just had my latest resection last summer and have just gotten put back on Remicade since I began losing lots of weight. I've had nine feet of small intestine removed over the years and by now, I thought perhaps this disease would give me some peace, NOT!!! Seems if one can make it this long, there would be a light at the end of the tunnel. This is my second go-around with Remicade and I hope I do as well this time as last. I had five good years until two years ago when a stricture just got too narrow. The Remicade kept it open for five years though, so I can't complain.

I've been reading loads of posts the past couple weeks and seems like so many nice folks are here. I've sure had my share of meds, side effects, surgeries, and anything/everything that goes along with this disease and hope I will be able to help out here on the forum.

Hope to make alot of new friends .......

Hugs, Linda

Hi Linda! Welcome!!

Have you already started your second round of Remicade? I was on the drug in the early '00's (that just looks weird), stopped for a while, and when they tried to put me back on, I had a reaction and am no longer able to take it :( I'm now on Cimzia.

Trysha

Staff member
Hello Linda,
Good to hear from you.
When I read your story my heart goes out to you and I really hope you will totally recover.
My problems are nowhere near yours and I am ashamed at myself for getting depressed with my own situation.
Prayers and best wishes
annsplash

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. Makes me feel right at home.

Yes, I'm on my second time with Remicade and today I have my second infusion. I didn't have any problems whatsoever two weeks ago with the first one.

In the past three days, my joints and muscles have been hurting terribly, so am anxious for tonight for that pain to go away like last time. My tummy isn't improving yet, but Remicade sure is helping these joints! I usually weigh around 105, but have dropped down to 96 in the past few months with NO appetite. About three days after the first round two weeks ago, I had a great appetite and gained three pounds. Keeping my fingers crossed that things just get better .........:tongue:

If my experience can help anyone at all, please don't hesitate to ask! Been there and done just about everything (meds included) and would love to be able to help.

Have a great day everyone,

Hugs, Linda