• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi

I haven't been around here in like 3 years. I've only had a couple of episodes per year and had been managing pretty well with diet.

This week, I have had two episodes. They haven't been the full blown severe episodes that I used to have after eating red meat, but they have been considerable and waking me out of my sleep again. Last week, I started having bouts of heart burn and black stools. And then bam.

I just had one tonight and a bad bout of diarrhea after only the movement didn't calm the waves of pain. The last one I had was Sunday night so they are pretty close together. I haven't eaten any trigger foods unless radishes might be one. I ate 3 whole radishes before dinner. For dinner I had a portobello mushroom with bread crumbs, garlic and white rice; and a bottle of water so I can't really connect the dots but I was burping radish during the episode. It's very frustrating. I hoped that I could just manage it with diet. I guess I was in denial.

Anyway, I think it's time to followup with a doctor. I haven't done anything about it since 2010. I have no excuse anymore. I have health insurance. Thanks for letting me vent.

Sorry to hear you're not doing well. Are you going back to a former GI or finding a new one?
Hey, thanks for your response. I'm gonna go to a new one because I live in a new state with different life circumstances. That's one of the reasons I went so long without following up with it. I wanted to believe that it was all because of all of the crazy stress I was under back then.