• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Jucing

Hi guys foes anybody have any receips for jucing for the 1st time
Ive brough a good jucier that takes all the pupl and bits out that i cant digest i just have no idea on where to start on this jucing journeys
Please any advice is very much appreciated
Xx

You can get lots of ideas on the internet.
I typically use greens (kale/spinach/chard), beets, cucumber, red pepper (small amount) and then a bit of fruit- usually orange or pineapple, apple or berries- but explore. I also use tumeric and ginger.

raw veggies contain toxins that can interfere with thyroid and iodine actions. stuff like kale broccolli and other brassica contain them, they are inactivated by cooking at high heat, so consuming them raw is not a healthy option. only fresh fruits are meant to be eaten raw, veggies should be cooked, veggie should not be juiced. refer to a google search for more information, it is a scientific fact.

Last edited:
raw veggies contain toxins that can interfere with thyroid and iodine actions. stuff like kale broccolli and other brassica contain them, they are inactivated by cooking at high heat, so consuming them raw is not a healthy option. only fresh fruits are meant to be eaten raw, veggies should be cooked, veggie should not be juiced. refer to a google search for more information, it is a scientific fact.
Eating them raw is fine.
And it is a very healthy option.

But if you are worried, then the best thing to do is to rotate your greens.

Spinach contains high levels of oxalic acid, which binds to iron. But bear in mind, that you would have to consume HUGE quantities per day - every day, to be negatively impacted.

One cup of raw spinach contains:

27 calories
0.86 grams of protein
30 milligrams of calcium
0.81 grams of iron
24 milligrams of magnesium
167 milligrams of potassium
2813 IUs of Vitamin A
58 micrograms of folate

And the very best way to obtain all this; is by juicing. Since much of this goodness is lost during the heating and cooking process.

Hi guys foes anybody have any receips for jucing for the 1st time Ive brough a good jucier that takes all the pupl and bits out that i cant digest i just have no idea on where to start on this jucing journeys
Please any advice is very much appreciated Xx

Did the juicer not come with an instruction and recipe book? They normally do. Otherwise, a google search is your best option. There are millions of free recipes online. Do a search on "vegetable juicing for beginners" or "vegetable juice recipes" or "green leafy juices".

Or even "vegetable juices for ibd".

http://www.naturaldigestivehealing.com/blog/2011/10/20/juicing-and-ibd/

https://www.knowyourgut.com/the-miracle-of-juice-fasting-for-colitis-and-ibs/

And really, you don't need a recipe, just buy some fruit and veggies and put them through the juicer and see if you like the taste or not - quickest way to learn what you like and dislike.