• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advice on fatigue

So I was recently diagnosed with Crohns and start prednisone on Tuesday, what I was wondering is if the fatigue goes away when I start my medicine because I can't take it anymore. I usually wake up at 6:30am for school, coast through school maybe fall asleep in a class, go home at 245 take a two hour nap, do some homework then go to bed anywhere from 8-9pm, and I'm still exhausted the next day? Just looking for any advice on this because it's starting to run my life, thanks.

Yes, it will help a lot with energy levels, especially because you'll feel better. I truly believe a lot of disease and sickness comes from the disrupted sleep patterns we have in life. Prednisone does help me have energy, but I take it only for the benefit of stopping my abdominal pain and cramping. Natural energy it the best kind and should be achieved with sleep, exercise, and diet. That's just my opinion. Good luck!