Share Facebook

09-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
Becky

what to eat??

I am trying to figure out what I can eat and it can get annoying. I do not have specific triggers. One day I can eat something and then next I cant. I have been very bloated latey and trying to figure out a better diet to help with this. I have a hard time giving up certain things like caffinee, soda, chocolate.
I know I cant eat subs anymore. Any red sauce pasta is bad. Salads are bad.
I guess I am just venting.
09-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
imisspopcorn
Punctuation Impaired

My Support Groups:
I feel your pain. I can't figure it out either. It just depends on the day I guess.
I'm kind of at the point were I just don't care anymore...I'll enjoy it now and pay later because I have D 24/7 anyway!
09-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
Dawn

I'm with you, imisspopcorn, but I'm about to start the SCDiet. I think cutting processed foods, grains and everything good out of my diet will (suck) be good for me. Although, I'm not the best with willpower or depriving myself of foods that I love/want, but I have to do something.
Resection #1 2002
Resection #2 2008
Current Meds: Pentasa, Cymbalta, Klonopin, Spironalactone, Calcium with vit D, Folic Acid. OTC probiotic and multi-vit.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...14005&ref=name
09-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
imisspopcorn
Punctuation Impaired

My Support Groups:
Dawn said:
I'm with you, imisspopcorn, but I'm about to start the SCDiet. I think cutting processed foods, grains and everything good out of my diet will (suck) be good for me. Although, I'm not the best with willpower or depriving myself of foods that I love/want, but I have to do something.
Good luck to you! You have WAY more will power than me. I'm just not at that point yet. Cheers to you and success.
09-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #5
Becky

Thanks guys!

Shantel- I will check out the book.

Dawn- good luck. I do not have the willpower to cut everything out.
10-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #6
bella_sky

My Support Groups:
White diet . If you can handle dairy I like alfredo pastas, grilled cheese (you can use soy/canola butter and soy cheese), mashed potatoes, chicken noodle soup, eggs, rotisserie chickens. I found rice to be a problem for me so anyways, hope this helps you hun.
27 F - Dx with Crohns in 7/2009. Currently on Humira, Imuran and Prednisone. Remicade caused drug-induced lupus. Dx 11/2009: Hemangiopericytoma tumor in/around spine. Dx 2010: Crohns Arthritis, Avascular Necrosis in both hips, bursitis in both hips, neuromas in back & foot. Currently being tested for Endometriosis.

I'm engaged to the most incredibly supportive man of my dreams

Listen to your instincts. Stand your ground.

God bless.
10-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
Jewlz

My GI said that it's different for everyone, and you have to find what's right for you. Personally, my body doesn't like really greasy food, and like really thick home made ice cream.
10-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #8
Jer's Girl

I cut out dairy (so sad), greasy foods, pasta sauce (a new one) salad and pretty much everything that tastes like food. Sweet potatoes are easy on the tummy. I try to eat apple sauce, cream of wheat with rice milk, and fish. Bananas (which I hate) are actually very good for people with digestive disorders. I know what not to eat, but I often have a hard time figuring out what is left. I end up losing a lot of weight and being miserable but having less urgency so at least I can work.
10-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #9
forum contributor
Captain Obvious

I understand what you mean - the list of foods you CAN'T eat is longer than the ones you CAN!

I can eat my Veggie Patch food (thank god!)... seem to be doing ok with the pumpkin muffins I made... pizza... ummm... water...? Everything else is a gamble.

Vegetarian who can't eat fruits or vegetables.

Last edited by forum contributor; 10-17-2009 at 03:46 PM.
10-17-2009, 11:55 AM   #10
CentaurCEO

What to eat? THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION!!!!!
I use to LOVE STEAKS! Now I don't eat any red meats. I only eat fish and chicken never fried. And I never eat fast food. I use to love cheap food. It seems like everything healthy is so expensive and I'm BROKE.
25 Years Old
On: Prednisone, Asacol, Vicodin HP, Seroquel, Anucort-HC, and Lidocaine.