• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Another shot today

Just started my single dose on the humira injections today. Still having the same side effects with one injection as the loader doses. Massive headache, put me to sleep within 10 minutes of taking the shot. Stomach cramps. After 7 injections I am not getting any better. I was hoping this was going to be the miracle drug that would keep me from surgery.

Sorry, it's not a miracle drug per se. Everyone is different and it does take time, months sometimes for the full effect of the medication. Normal loading dose is 4 then 2 and then once a week/ or 2 weeks. I've never heard of only 1 injection as a loading dose.

Good Luck

I have already went through the loader doses. Im headed to my 2nd single shot this friday. Im waiting on CT SCAN results to schedule a surgery. I prefer to see results and not feel like a guinea pig with the meds. With total meds I should be taking 14 pills a day plus injection every 14 days.