• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hair loss typical? (Cimzia/prednisone)

I have moderate/severe Crohn's Disease and am in week 6 (loading phase) of Cimzia. I have not made any other major changes lately in terms of diet (I eat paleo). I have been on Prednisone since October and am currently working to taper this dosage- my doctor told me to decrease by 5 mg a week from 40 mg until I get to 0.

I have been having a LOT of hair loss - have other experienced this as a symptom? I'm not sure whether this may be a result of the Cimzia or the tapering of steroids?

I have other GI symptoms that I've become accustomed to, but this is a new one . . . .

Anyone have ideas??

I've not experienced it even after a year of Cimzia but I do remember reading about others here who experienced hair loss while on Cimzia.

I experienced hair loss on prednisone but I can't be sure it was the cause as I was also rather malnourished and anemic. Hopefully it will stop soon.

theOcean

I feel like hair loss from prednisone is one of the most common side-effects I see. You can try taking Biotin for it -- I used to take 2 x 1000mcg every day when I was experiencing hair loss, and it helped tremendously.