Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Did anyone else get tachycardia while on infliximab

03-16-2015, 03:40 AM   #1
R20

Did anyone else get tachycardia while on infliximab

Ever since i started having infliximab I've noticed i've had a fast heart rate. 100 bpm at rest. In the first month i had a few episodes of Fast Atrial Fibrillation Fast AF.

Has this happended to anyone else?

It could be a coincidence or something else as i was also started on Hydrocortizone just before the infliximiab was started. Docs reckoned it might just be my body reacting to the fact i am fighting crohns. Also suggested it was the steroids. But after dropping the steroids it continued since for another 11 months until the current day.
03-16-2015, 06:01 AM   #2
Johnnysmom
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Have you occasionally taken anything for nausea? My son got this from Zofran which he would take maybe every other day when he was first diagnosed.
6mp 50mg every day
Allopurinol 50mg -discontinued per new G.I. on 11/01/12
Multi Vitamin
Vitamin D3 1000mg
Prayer
04-13-2015, 10:01 AM   #3
MaryAnne

I am 58 years old. I have been having Remicade/Infliximad infusions for 3 years. Occasionally I get rapid heart rate. I had my last infusion 4 days ago. Last night I was at my book club and had a few glasses of red wine. I woke in the middle of the night with a rapid heart beat. I finally went back to sleep after about an hour. I'm not sure if it's the wine, the Remicade, or both? Anyone else have this experience? I do not have any other reaction to the Remicade. I do not take Benadryl when I have the infusion.
12-20-2015, 06:37 PM   #4
Forristicat

Hi R20,

I have some SVT/A-fib, which appears to have been triggered by a bad reaction to Imuran/Azathioprine. Although I did wake up awhile ago before I had the bad reaction with some palps. So I guess it may be the Crohn's/inflammation?
10-19-2016, 09:15 PM   #5
warrior2

My Support Groups:
I get eye bounce and fast heart rate everytime I am on a higher dosages of prednisone.
While on remicade, 5th infusion coming up soon, nothings change.
10-20-2016, 01:10 PM   #6
JaimeM

My Support Groups:
if you're having a flare of your crohns you can get a magnesium deficiency which can cause tachycardia.. I've noticed that for myself. If my heart starts getting out of whack a week of magnesium supplements seems to do the trick
Switched to Cimzia but didn't work 2015
Back to Remicade and added Azathioprine 2016
12-10-2017, 11:47 PM   #7
Ampat13

Hmm seems familiar I do have tachycardia after remicade .. stops me from my jogging as am worried for the heart rate to shoot beyond 180 190 ...
12-11-2017, 11:20 PM   #8
dzwilks

Hmm seems familiar I do have tachycardia after remicade .. stops me from my jogging as am worried for the heart rate to shoot beyond 180 190 ...
My heart starting racing when I was getting my second infusion of remicade. I had to stop the infusion and the remicade. That is a documented side effect. I notice some racing with Humira, that I just started some 17 years later, but it's tolerable. The Humira doesn't go straight into the bloodstream liked the remicade does.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Did anyone else get tachycardia while on infliximab