Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Healing a fistula naturally-does rectogesic help?

03-16-2015, 07:38 PM   #1
Irene3

My Support Groups:
Healing a fistula naturally-does rectogesic help?

Hi all, been a while since iv been on here. Iv had fissures and a fistula before, which healed over time. This time though, I have a massive fistula and abscess which burst and started draining about 2 weeks ago. My gp said I have to have it surgically treated, but as there's a few month waiting list, I'd rather treat it naturally if possible. The outlook for surgery success is less then great in most people, let alone those with severe crohns like me.

So there are a few natural remedies that work great for the abscess, draw all the puss out, and clean the fistula opening- that's all good. My question is, inside the anus, I can't apply these natural remedies, and as a fistula is a bad wound/fissure that has tunnelled through the skin, would it be good to apply rectogesic on the inside? Given I can drain all the puss and heal the outside fine, would rectogesic help heal the tear where the fistula begins inside? Because otherwise, no matter how much puss I can drain, and heal the outer side, it can just cause an abscess inside out again?

Any advice..please???
Currently on long term prednisone,6mp,humira, nizoral, and vit supplements,b12 shots.

Love the forum

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Healing a fistula naturally-does rectogesic help?