• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story please help

my story please help

Hi Everyone after reading peoples stories I feel like I should write mine, Hope its not to boring.
I used to joke that I hadnt had a solid poo in 10 years, it dosent seem such a joke any more. This a started about 6 weeks ago I have always had a funny tummy certain things I ate just went straight through me. I lived in the Algarve for 10 years and just put it down to all the good rich food and wine we had. I arrived back in the uk 2 years ago. About 6 weeks ago I started having to go to the loo everytime I ate I can only keep food down for between 1 hour and 3 hours I also bleed alot red blood and dark black. I have had a number of wee infections as well. I went to the doctors and he gave me some Mezavant XL which I have to take every day at the same time. Not sure if this is helping or not. My first hospital appt. is on Monday and I dont know what to expect. I know none of you are doctors but does my symptoms sound like anyone elses? Bowel cancer has also been mentioned to me I suffer with such bad tummy ache headaches and just so tierd. Please any advice about the hospital appt. much appriciated the same for the symptoms thanks in advance. Just one thing could these symptoms just bee piles? thanks again x

Welcome to the forum, I know you must be worried about your hosp appointment but things are always better once you know definitely what your condition is and then you will be able to sort yourself out from there, I would hazard a guess it isnt piles though, before I was diagnosed with crohns I was experiencing terrible cramps, bloating and on more than one occasion when I went to the loo I passed what could only be described as thick black tar (obviously black blood). You should take comfort from reading other peoples stories on this forum - it is a real comfort knowing you are not the only one suffering!! Good luck.

Doesn't sound like piles to me either. If it's an appointment I imagine the consultant will want to do some tests and schedule an endoscopy or two. Best find out what you've got so you can get the right treatment.

Hope it goes okay!

hiya and welcome :)

i agree with the others, you may well have piles hence the red blood, but it doesn't sound like it's just that... the black blood, tummy aches and other symptoms suggest something's going on further up..

it could be Crohn's, Colitis, Diverticulitis... there are so many IBD conditions which could be the cause - don't be tempted to jump to fearing it's cancer.

my only advice about the hospital appointment would be to make a list of all the symptoms you've experienced, how it built up to lead to where you are now.. how it all makes you feel, how you're affected like, if it's stopping you sleeping, or reducing your diet down to just one or two tolerated foods... plus any questions and fears you have... try and get everything down on paper, and take it with you. it's amazing how many times we go in to our appointment armed with a mental list, and come out having forgotten to mention at least half of them lol.

good luck honey - let us know how it goes.

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
Hey, Egg - :welcome: to our little IBD club!

I just wanted to say hi, welcome, and I hope you get some answers soon.

Don't even think about bowel cancer at this point, hun!!!

Let us know what they say on Monday!

Welcome to the loony bin! Just remember that worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but gets you absolutely nowhere.

Dan