• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Has Anyone Like Me Tried Biologics?

I am a 68 year old male. I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 1968. I have an illiostomy. I have been on steroids and imuran but now have an active flare up in my ileum. I have tried Remicade with no effect. Any suggestions for remission of ulceration and inflammation? My doctor is considering biologics in my case. Anyone similar to me had experience with biologics?:sign0085:

Welcome to the forum!

Remicade is a biologic along with Humira and Cimzia. Those three are the most commonly used biologics and are all tnf alpha blockers.

My son built antibodies to remicade and is now on humira.

I'm sure others will be along to give their experiences.

I am not in your age range but I have severe crohn's colitis. I have tried and failed Remicade, Humira, and Cimzia. I know a lot of people that have had success with those drugs though so it has to be a personal choice of risk vs reward. How is your diet?