Share Facebook

03-22-2015, 04:50 PM   #1
pinnyphuket

Advice Please

Hi I have had UC for 20 years been in remission for the past 5. Early February I started to flare so increased my Asacol from 5 tablets daily to 10. I'm passing diahorea, more blood than I've ever seen ( almost an entire square of toilet tissue with each wipe) clots in the toilet bowl and the the usual mucus and wind the blood loss is starting to concern me now. Is this way too much to be loosing.? Plus my bottom is constantly throbbing. Should I be getting admitted to hospital? Thanks in advance.
03-22-2015, 04:59 PM   #2
buttER
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Please get to a GP asap! I can't judge if it is an emergency case but it sounds like you need help. The GP should point you in the right direction (unless you have direct access to a gastroenterologist in which case go straight there).
Let us know how you are.
03-22-2015, 07:14 PM   #3
pinnyphuket

Hi. I'm set to go tomorrow afternoon. Only last week I saw my consultant, well his junior, told him all this but he didn't seem too bothered.!

I'm bothered now. Do you think I'm likely to be admitted? I kinda hope so then I will get fixed!
03-23-2015, 08:41 AM   #4
buttER
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I wonder what will happen. I don't like the sound of the junior doctor, passing blood and mucus is not normal. Sometimes I feel like they want something really spectacular!
03-23-2015, 01:35 PM   #5
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
How did your appt go? I hope they were able to do something for you. It sounds like you're definitely in a bad flare. Just want you to know we're here for you and please keep us updated on how you're doing.

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday or Mesalamine DR 1.2gm 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday, Tylenol 3 with codeine 300-30mg (when needed)

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
03-23-2015, 03:53 PM   #6
pinnyphuket

Hi all

Went to see GP today, I expressed my concerns of the blood loss and tiredness etc and she prescribed me a steroid called prednisalone. So with 10 Asacol and 8 steroids I'm gonna rattle!!. She also told me mt bloods showed absolutely no aenemia or anything to worry about. Her words were my body is coping well with the flare up!! Try asking my body it would say something different!!. So end of the day I'm having a bad flare up but no need for concern at this stage.

Thanks all for listening made a massive difference to me last night having people who understand the illness.

Regards
Donna
03-23-2015, 06:31 PM   #7
2thFairy

My Support Groups:
I had miserable flares with a lot of blood loss, but my blood tests were never concerning enough for an admission, so I totally understand your comment of "try asking my body and it would say something different!" The throbbing can get really bad. You might ask for suppositories that have anesthetic in them or some lidocaine jelly if it gets unbearable.

So glad the doc was not alarmed. Hopefully the prednisolone will help you quick!

Total colectomy with ileostomy featuring Sideshow Bob since January 2012

"The colon seems an unlikely candidate for dramatic effect, but now and then it serves that purpose well." The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation
04-01-2015, 05:38 PM   #8
buttER
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Just doing a check up - how are you now?