• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So grateful for this site

I was first diagnosed in 2004, was in complete denial and irritated when I was denied life insurance due to my dr's diagnosis!!! My first flare up caused extreme pain and discomfort.....went on Pentasa/Enticort/Prednisone....was weened off of all within 1 year, no real symptoms thought everything was okay. Well early 2007 started to have that feeling again....going to the bathroom was like labor. I went from terrible painful diarhea to terrible painful constipation. My doctor doesn't seem to be interested in my constipation although all his "remedies" cease to work. I spend more time in the bathroom straining, crying and end up very diappointed when I can't even produce. I've started B-12 shots 2 months ago along with my usual cocktail of Vitamin D, C and Iron of course. After my upper endoscopy last month was placed on Kapidex. Follow up is next week and I really want him to tell me what can get rid of this irritating sometimes constant pain in my right side and my hair is coming out. I am tired of being tired, I am sick of the gas and I would love for my skin to glow like it use to and for folks to not be able to see that I don't feel so good. Hate to sound so down but I don't understand this disease and hope that if I continue to read the post/threads I will not feel so alone....not to mention I wanna have another child and can't imagine how I can muster the strenght to do that.

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Hi WW, welcome to the forum. There is a ton of good reading here. I just saw a constipation thread on here the other day. Use the search option to find it. Never heard of Kapidex. What type of iron are you taking ? That always caused me a bellyache, don't know if that's contributing to your right side pain (though many of us have right side pain too). Hope you feel a bit better just getting your story out. Welcome again!

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Welcome to the forum. Chronic illness is NO fun. There is a lot of supportive, funny people here. Take comfort in that you are not alone.

I waited a little longer in between my first pregnancy and my second one. I was really scared to take meds while being pregnant etc...it's a hard decision to make. Not to mention how much sleep deprivation goes into a newborn. I had 2 healthy 8 pound babies after my diagnosis. I felt great while I was pregnant. Its possible to do it if you have a good support from your doctor and family.

hi there, welcome to the forum :)

i totally commiserate - have been there with the pain, not looking well, feeling fed up etc, and i am going through the hair loss right now.

it's a miserable disease, particularly when the symptoms flare, but hopefully all your test results will point the doc in the right direction and get things to calm down for you. have you had a colonoscopy yet? if not, that might be the next step. and have you looked into altering your diet to make things as gentle on your intestines as possible?

glad you joined us - this forum is wonderful, not just for information, but the support and friendship here is fab.

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
Welcome! This disease is tough - once you think you have it licked, it rears it's ugly head. But you will find comfort and lots of useful info here.

My Butt Hurts said:
Hi WW, welcome to the forum. There is a ton of good reading here. I just saw a constipation thread on here the other day. Use the search option to find it. Never heard of Kapidex. What type of iron are you taking ? That always caused me a bellyache, don't know if that's contributing to your right side pain (though many of us have right side pain too). Hope you feel a bit better just getting your story out. Welcome again!
I'm taking CVS brand Iron 325mg 3xs a day. I hate the iron because it causes me to have a horrible taste in my mouth like I'm sucking on a coin. Thanks for the well wishes!!

dingbat said:
hi there, welcome to the forum :)

i totally commiserate - have been there with the pain, not looking well, feeling fed up etc, and i am going through the hair loss right now.

it's a miserable disease, particularly when the symptoms flare, but hopefully all your test results will point the doc in the right direction and get things to calm down for you. have you had a colonoscopy yet? if not, that might be the next step. and have you looked into altering your diet to make things as gentle on your intestines as possible?

glad you joined us - this forum is wonderful, not just for information, but the support and friendship here is fab.
I've had colonoscopies, upper endoscopies, capsule studies, CT scans. I really got off track when I moved from MD to NC and back to MD and my doctors had to start their own investigations I guess I was hoping they would tell me something different but all the results were the same :( I 've started investigating ways to alter my diet....thanks for the advice.