• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hate the uncomfortable feeling

I was diagnosed with UC a little over four years ago and am so tired of feeling miserable. I've always been a frequent bathroom user, but never thought it was anything more than fast metabolism. About four years ago I started the "ab ripper x" portion of p90x. After I was complete my stomach hurt, which is normal after a hard workout, but the pain never went away and started to increase to where I had become constipated for a long period of time. I started noticing blood and mucus instead of actual turds. Either way, I went to gastroentoligist and was told I had indergone severe stress and was prescribed 50mg Valium a day. I started using the bathroom again and didn really watch what I was eating. I stopped takin the meds because I didn't want to start relying on pills, and all the issues came back. I went to a dr and was told I was suffering from UC. This was about 4 years ago, right before my son was born. My mom was diagnosed with Crohns like a year or so ago. I've been carefully watching and reading up on lifestyle changes and how I should eat. My biggest problem is the constipation and bloating I'm constantly going through. I've been constipated for about 4days now and I have this urge to pee like every 20minutes. My stomach hurts so bad today that I'm afraid to eat anything because I just don't want to go sit in the bathroom forever and not produce anything. I tried miralax last night. Does anyone know any methods that may help????