Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Question on fistula

04-19-2015, 10:18 PM   #1
Devyn carter

Question on fistula

I have had crowns disease since I was ten years old, these past three years I've had Rectal fistula at about the same time January -March and was wondering if the almost annual frequency of my fistula was "normal" or if I should be more worried about what is going on?
04-19-2015, 11:03 PM   #2
Deanne

My Support Groups:
Hi Devyn, I had an anal fistula about two years ago and my surgeon inserted a seton to fix it, it took almost a year to heal but thankfully it has never returned.
I would be more looking if there is something your doing or eating around this time of year that is not agreeing with you and maybe causing this issue. Maybe a different food, drink or stress even. I know when I am stressed my symptoms can get worse.

But I am far from an expert. I will ask my GI next time I see him.
04-23-2015, 10:25 PM   #3
David
Co-Founder

If you have fistulizing Crohn's disease with an active fistula, you should be worried about what's going on.

What medications are you currently on?
04-23-2015, 10:59 PM   #4
Devyn carter

I had my rectal fistula drained yesterday and just moved to an adult hospital, I talked to my new doctor and he has brought up that at the pediatric they did not have any concern for the nutrition part of crohns and my malnourishment was a big part in what was happening. I'm going back from humira to Remicade with steroids for a little just to stabilize and I am also getting a nutrition tube that goes through my nose down my throat to my stomach tomorrow
04-23-2015, 10:59 PM   #5
Devyn carter

Do you know if I will wear the tube all of the time or if it is something I will have to put in myself daily?

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Question on fistula